italian meatloaf patties in zesty tomato gravy
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
Makes: 6 patties
A quick and easy spin to meatloaf. Its a cross between Italian Meatloaf and Meatballs.
1 1/2 pound
diced green peppers
garlic crushed and diced
1 1/2 cups
itallian bread crumbs
red pepper sliced
green pepper sliced
c.loves of garlic halfed
2- 6 oz.cans
1. Beat egg in large bowl
2. Add all ingredients and mix well with your hands
3. Form into balls and smash into patties. I like making it into patties because it cooks faster.
4. In a large skillet add two tablespoons of olive oil. once it is heated place patties on it. Place as many patties that fit on pan and cook for 7 minutes on each side. If you had some patties that didn't fit, remove cooked patties and cook uncooked ones for the same amount of time. My mix usually makes six medium sized patties. After all paties are cooked remove them from the pan.
5. Add onions, cloves of garlic, and peppers to the pan to cook for about two minutes.
6. Add 2 cans tomato paste, can of crushed tomatoes and two cups of water, sugar, salt, pepper, and oregano.
7. Let simmer for 10 minutes then add patties back to the pan. Let simmer in gravy for 20 minutes covered.
8. Sprinkle mozzarella over patties and cover until melted.
9. Turn heat off and serve with your favorite sides.
other recipes in main dishes
This is an easy and fast dish if you are familiar with your kitchen and comfortable cooking dinner. This is our children's favorite meal - it is on the …
Old Family recipe! Used today in our Family Restaurant in North Fort Myers, FL.
This is a crisp pastry tart for two. I got the original recipe from my daughter and added the fresh spinach. SO good !