Waiting sucks. I have been waiting for what feels like 1,000 years for season four of True Blood. I even went as far as reading the entire collection of Charlaine Harris’ Southern Vampire Series. After reading the first 10 books I became more confused than my blonde headed brain could handle. I just couldn’t imagine that the books that inspired the series could be that OFF!
No ill intentions toward Ms. Harris, but I really have to go with HBO on their version.
I’m looking forward to quite a few story lines:
1. Sookie was heading out with a fairy....is it going to be like the book? Will the fairy’s start hanging out?
2. Jessica and Hoyt, shacking up with a vamp....I guess, but who does the cooking? Will Hoyt’s momma end up having a heart attack when she finds out? What about the little bible-thumping-wanna-be-girlfriend?
3. Bill, how could we have misjudged him for so many seasons? How could he do that to Sookie!? And what’s Eric going to do about it?
4. How evil is Arlene’s baby going to be? Will Terry be able to tell that it’s not his?
5. How nuts is Lafayette, really? Will he end up like his mother? Will they share a nurse? (Hold on, they already do!)
6. Will Tara’s haircut make her less nuts?
Honestly, I could go on forever about what I’m looking forward to but we would be here all day.
Thanks for talking - I’ll see you 6/26/11 @ 9:00pm. Bring chips!
What are you looking forward to this season?
RoyalT - I expect you to be there about 7 so we can chat before it starts! :) And I didn't see the preview last night. I hope they focus on the fairy stuff like they did in the books. I just got book 11 in the series, I wonder if I can have it read before Sunday! :)
Tami, What did you think of the preview last night? I was a little disappointed that they focused on the fairies/witches and it seemed a little too amateurish for the Premiere we've all been waiting for.
I cannot wait for True Blood or Weeds!
I am really getting into The Game of Thrones but I'm ready for the next series of True Blood, it does feel like ages since the last one. I'm really looking forward to the fairy storyline. I will be there with chips Tami!!
I know, we did not have cable when it came out and by the time I watched it online it was in the second season and I was trying to figure out where all the information would come from LOL both are good though.
@msmary1962 - well at least I'm not the only one who would be lost. I'm quite happy with the way the show is going, but there are times when I'm like, "Please - would you go with the book? It was so much better!" Thanks for commenting!
Tami, I read her books way back when they came out and True Blood was not around. I think they were thinking a short series of a few shows and that was it. They used things from all the books in the first part then when it took off they were out of material and had to go beyond the books. The show is great and the books are also but I would be lost if I had read them after to.