SHESPEAKS Your Power to Influence

Review and Win One of 8 Must-Have Cookbooks

SheSpeaksTeam By SheSpeaksTeam 09.15.11
Review and Win One of 8 Must-Have Cookbooks
Share Tweet

For some of us, our guilty pleasure may be yoga, dinner with the girls, a mani/pedi, or that glass of wine at the end of the day. For others, it's the magic that can happen in the kitchen. It's the chance to escape the chaos that can consume us, and lose ourselves in creating something mouthwateringly delicious. Sometimes it may be breakfast, lunch or dinner. And sometimes, it's the sinful ingredients that can combine to produce simply divine desserts.

For Julie Grice, "When I’m feeling down and uninspired, I settle into the cooking section of the local library, flipping through cookbook after cookbook for recipe ideas . . . I can spend hours by the cookbook shelves in any bookstore. Oftentimes, my husband has to drag me away. "

Inspired by Julie and a woman's right to her guilty pleasures, we've assembled a list of cookbooks that SheSpeaks' members and the SheSpeaks team are raving about. From simple recipes for those just starting out to more complex recipes for those that have been dedicated for some time, the list of cookbooks below run the gamut to help you find the one right for you.

But that's not all! We want your input; we want to hear from you.  What cookbook has become a permanent decoration on your counter top and a trusted friend in the kitchen? Which has inspired you to try and try again? Which has produced "yums" and "wows"  from family and friends? Similarly, which one has left you disappointed? Which has led to cooking dont's and you wish you could warn others about? Well here's your chance. And for pitching in and reviewing a cookbook of your own, you could WIN one too.

CLICK TO ENTER YOUR REVIEW HERE

(If you don't see your cookboook come up when you search, don't worry.  Just click here  to Add a New Product select the category and enter your new cookbook to our site)

8 lucky winners will win a must-have cookbook. Four of the eight winners will win one of the cookbooks highlighted below. The remaining four will win a cookbook that will be added as a new review by members for this contest. The contest ends midnight EST Tuesday, September 20th. Winners will be announced Thursday, September 22nd. Good luck!

Classic Cookbooks:

Amy Pennington Urban Pantry: Tips and Recipes for a Thrifty, Sustainable and Seasonal Kitchen: bit.ly/qwpxKz

Melissa Clark Chef Interrupted: bit.ly/oOkbvb

Robin Miller Quick Fix Meals:bit.ly/qY9EUH

Baking Cookbooks (courtesy of Julie Grice):

Flour: Spectacular Recipes from Boston's Flour Bakery + Cafe: bit.ly/p2JBd0

The Original King Arthur Flour Cookbook: bit.ly/nSNwSH

Bon Appetit Desserts: The Cookbook for All Things Sweet and Wonderful: bit.ly/nd8Llk

The Art and Soul of Baking: bit.ly/mUlHXX

Cooking is about the ingredients and how you put them together. That’s why SheSpeaks has also added a Recipes section to the SheSpeaks website. Visit http://www.shespeaks.com/recipes to discover fun, mouthwatering recipes or to share some of your own!

Make a Comment

Comment  *

• Taz4me6 By Taz4me6
    11.02.11

Food Network Favorites: Recipes from Our All-Star Chefs is awesome. Got it for Christmas last year (I think) and I feel like I use it evey day!

• twtymry By twtymry
    10.01.11

I find that most of the recipes in the Martha Stewart Everyday Food cookbook are not as comon in the everyday kitchen as lead to believe. I am not one to have all of the specialized ingredients need to make most of these recipes. I am more likely to choose one of my other cookbooks to find a new meal idea.

• wel21l By wel21l
    09.30.11

Healthy Treats ansd Supper Snacks for Kids by Penny Warner is a realy good book for getting your kids to eat a veriaty of healthy food and most are very simple to make and you have most everything on hand kid frendly recipes for them to make also.

• chanteusse By chanteusse
    09.29.11

The Joy of Cooking is my all time favorite! You can become a much better cook in no time at all.Many fine recipes for Meats,soups,desserts etc..even a chart of equivalents .Many recipes here have become part of our holiday traditions!

• salmon By salmon
    09.26.11

I love my Cooking Light cookbook & Ina Garten's cookbook.

• moo77hb By moo77hb
    09.26.11

I reviewed the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook! My mom really didn't teach me much about cooking as I was growing up. I was always in a million extra curricular activities and was off doing something. So when I finally settled down and got married I had no idea what to do. My mother in law actually bought me the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook as a Christmas gift and it is the gift that keeps on giving. Not only did I learn how to complete some basic recipes but it also talks about how to set a table and what you should have stocked in your home. I have been married 13 years now and I still use this very same cookbook for recipes and inspiration. I would be lost without it!

• SanchezFamily3 By SanchezFamily3
    09.26.11

I collect cookbooks, but I usually check online sites. I really like Gina's skinny recipes. A lot of times I just read the cookbooks for Ideas and do it my own way.

• ilovebeingamommy7 By ilovebeingamommy7
    09.21.11

When I was a child, my aunt bought me a cookbook. This cookbook is everything to me now. The name of it is Where's Mom Now That I need Her? Not only is it a simple cookbook, it also has laundry aides, first aid and a bunch of other helpful hints. When my house caught fire some years back, it was the only cookbook that I replaced and I have now even bought one for my daughter. We both enjoy cooking out of it and I love watching her try new recipes out of it. If you haven't tried this one...get it, you won't regret it!

• frugalrufox By frugalrufox
    09.20.11

Oooooh, I'd love to win another cookbook to add to my extensive collection.

• MinistersWife By MinistersWife
    09.18.11

I posted my review of the Betty Crocker Picture Cookbook. I love that thing!!!