This treat is as fun to make as it is to receive. It is versatile: just swap out the holiday Peeps to reflect the holiday. It's not only adorable but it is tasty too!
1 quart mason jar
1 1/2 cups graham crackers, crushed
1 package holiday marshmallow peeps
1 bag of holiday M&Ms candies (regular ones, not the peanut kind)
1/3 cup of brown sugar
Card stock, fabric, embellishments for your jar.
Tag with instructions for S'mores (below)
1. Roll the graham crackers with a rolling pin to make crumbs
2. Layer crumbs in a 1 qt jar. Pack down the crumbs a bit.
3. Place about 1/4 cup of M&Ms candies on top of the graham crackers.
4. Arrange 5-8 marshmallow holiday Peeps standing up (facing out) around the inside of the jar. It may require two rows if you use the Pumpkin Peeps.
7. Spoon 1/3 cup brown sugar into center of the peeps pack it down and around to make room for the M&M's.
8. Pour in remaining M&M’s and pack down--don't squish the Peeps!
Adorn the jar.
You can trace a circle larger than the jar lid, and place a jumbo cottonball between the lid and fabric for padding, then screw the ring on the jar over the fabric.
For a more elaborate look, cut a circle of tulle a little larger than the fabric circle and place under the fabric circle.
Make a tag for your jar. Here's ours to copy (instructions for making the S'mores)
1. Empty the jar contents into a bowl.
2. Snip the peeps into bits with kitchen shears or cut up with a knife.
3. Return the bits to the mixture. Mix well.
4. Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well.
5. Pat into a greased 8" or 9" square pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-minutes.
7. Cool and cut into bars.
Think of the possibilities with all those Peeps, there's s'mores in a jar for every occasion!