This treat is as fun to make as it is to receive. It is versatile: just swap out the holiday Peeps to reflect the holiday. It's not only adorable but it is tasty too!
1 quart mason jar
1 1/2 cups graham crackers, crushed
1 package holiday marshmallow peeps
1 bag of holiday M&Ms candies (regular ones, not the peanut kind)
1/3 cup of brown sugar
Card stock, fabric, embellishments for your jar.
Tag with instructions for S'mores (below)
1. Roll the graham crackers with a rolling pin to make crumbs
2. Layer crumbs in a 1 qt jar. Pack down the crumbs a bit.
3. Place about 1/4 cup of M&Ms candies on top of the graham crackers.
4. Arrange 5-8 marshmallow holiday Peeps standing up (facing out) around the inside of the jar. It may require two rows if you use the Pumpkin Peeps.
7. Spoon 1/3 cup brown sugar into center of the peeps pack it down and around to make room for the M&M's.
8. Pour in remaining M&M’s and pack down--don't squish the Peeps!
Adorn the jar.
You can trace a circle larger than the jar lid, and place a jumbo cottonball between the lid and fabric for padding, then screw the ring on the jar over the fabric.
For a more elaborate look, cut a circle of tulle a little larger than the fabric circle and place under the fabric circle.
Make a tag for your jar. Here's ours to copy (instructions for making the S'mores)
1. Empty the jar contents into a bowl.
2. Snip the peeps into bits with kitchen shears or cut up with a knife.
3. Return the bits to the mixture. Mix well.
4. Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well.
5. Pat into a greased 8" or 9" square pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-minutes.
7. Cool and cut into bars.
Think of the possibilities with all those Peeps, there's s'mores in a jar for every occasion!
What an awesome idea!
My Mom's birthday is on Halloween and this will make the perfect gift. Love it. Can't wait to make it.
SO Cute! Love this idea.
What a cute idea, this will be a fun activity for my 7 year old daughter, she will absolutely love it!
This is great! this will be great for a christmas gift for teachers. With the christmas tree peeps and the green and red m&ms. Love it
Love it! Everyone I know will be getting one of these for Christmas!
I love this and can't wait to start the Christmas gifts. Thanks
These look adorable!
Those are so cute! It would be a fun project for my daughter and I to do!
These look very nice my daughter would love to make these.
This is so cute!!! What a great gift idea!!
This look fabulous my Halloween cente.r peice
This looks like such a great gift idea my son and I can work on together. I wonder if you can use chocolate chips instead of the M&ms so they will melt when you cook it. And if you put in mini-marshmallows instead of peeps, they don't have to cut it up. It isn't as holiday-like but it would still be great for a winter gift.
Super cute, and easy idea!!!
Ohhhhh, I love this idea, how cute.