Stephenie Meyer Twilight | SheSpeaks

• debsmad debsmad
    04.01.12

I am not a teen girl but I *LOVED* this book and would put it in my Top 5 Favorites. A lot of people like to rip on Stephanie Meyer's writing, saying she lacks talent, but she told a fine story here. I was sucked into the budding relationship between Bella and Edward. I loved Edward's slightly cocky and arrogant personality, and how he struggled to let himself just be himself around Bella. There were some weak points, like if James was really so good and vampires are really so fast, why couldn't he just zip in-kill Bella-zip out-move on? But whatever, it was a fun little story to lose yourself in, and I loved that it was a story that almost could happen, and not some total fantasy thing.

• Page55 Page55
    01.26.12

Horrible writing. I threw the book across the room about half way through it. The writing is just so bad. I finished it but would never read another book by this author. Bella was an endlessly irritating character - just toooooo perfect . . . .

• Page55 By  Page55
    01.26.12

• kellaphin By  kellaphin
    01.25.12

Most over-rated book ever written. I don't understand the hype at all. I really did not enjoy it.

• pinkadidas178 By  pinkadidas178
    01.25.12

I liked the movie but was really disappointed with the book. i didn't think the writing was very good at all. Even for a young adult novel, I thought the writing could have been better. The plot and overall story was a good idea but with such poor writing I couldn't even get through the book. Disappointing.

• Donnacif By  Donnacif
    01.25.12

I know, your saying Twilight? I was completely taken by the entire series and plan on rereading them all again.

• Lorelfs1 By  Lorelfs1
    12.07.11

I read this series out of curiosity and loved it. While I agree a teenage girl should not be obsessed with a guy like Bella, the story was great. I would read it agin.

• MrsChaosGalore77 By  MrsChaosGalore77
    12.04.11

I loved Twilight and the whole Twilight Series. Read it Read it, anyone could love it.

• mgw5674 By  mgw5674
    12.04.11

This is a really great story. She has just the right blend of drama, romance, and cliff-hanging to make you never want to put the book down. I loved it.

• Lainie911 By  Lainie911
    11.10.11

Loved this book and the whole series. One of my favorite books.

• karen668 By  karen668
    11.02.11

The story line was about love that won't end, that is fine for a 15-year-old but I am 42 years old, therefore, it did not hold my interest very well. I thought the story moved along slowly. I don't think it is okay for a teenage girl to be obsessed by a boy. That is just not healthy. Girls should be taught to make themselves happy first. I would have let my teenage daughter read it but I don't think it would have held her interest either. All in all, it was ok.

• RoseRed612 By  RoseRed612
    10.14.11

I first found this book as a sophmore in high school. I fell in love with this book. I couldn't put it down, it was so easy to read and to connect with the Bella character. After I read this book I had to buy it. Now I own all the Twilight books. I am now a wife and a mother and every once in a while I go back and read these books. I must say that the book is soo much better than the movie.