Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether

Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether

3.9
              Rated #137 in Toys
60 Reviews 3.9/5 stars

Not worth the hype Although this item is adorable, it is very pricey and my son didn't seem to like it very much. It smells like rubber no matter how many times I washed it and it tasted like rubber gloves. No wonder my son didnt like it. I would not recommend this product considering I paid over 20 dollars for it.

Mold found My young cousin had this you and her mom discovered mold in it. My aunt was horrified at the sight of this and wrote a complaint to the company. Not sure if this was damaged prior to it being bought by our family which caused mold to grow but still quite a shock for a children's toy.

Not sure why parents rave on about this thing! It is cute but extremely over priced! My son never gave it much mind! Wish I would've just saved my $30!

dissapointed Well after hearing some good things about this Sophie teether giraffe, I decided to dish out the $29. I had high hopes for it until i kept noticing my infant making faces everytime she would try to chew on it. Then inevitably have no further interest. I kept trying to give it to her but things didnt change except her gagging everytime she put it in her mouth, or try to atleast. Its so big, the rubber is very hard and unforgiving, plus due to the legs being so close together, she couldn't really position it correctly to get enough in her mouth for a good chew. Instead you need to put a large area at one time, like all 4 legs or the head, so she was choking on that. Secondly I realized she made those faces & didnt like it also because it smells terrible! It has a bold chemical rubber smell. Also you need to be so careful of not getting that little hole wet or else it can get mold &/or stagnant water inside and the rubber itself is easy to have dust, hairs or such cling to it. Not a fan. Very dissapointed. Wish i coukd get my money back.

Not that good.. The giraffe looks cute. But kids never liked it. I always tried to give it to them , well , because it was a little expensive.. but they never wanted it .. it was just a regular rubber toy for them. Plus , i had an issue with the black spot dye coming out, and fading ....

too pricey its a cute toy but it does not really do much as a teether. my son didn't really use it as a teether he just played with it. bit too pricey in my opinion.

That teething really helped my niese.. She was having problems but now she is perfectly fine thanks to that magical teething

Not a good fit for us I love the idea of Sophie and she's quite cute but neither of my kids used her. Very expensive to not get any use.

My daughter loved this toy but it didn't last long. I expected more due to the fact it was made to be a teether and the fact its a bit on the pricey side.

Adorable, but a More Afforable Version is Avail I don't normally like to add less than 4/5 stars, but I have to give you a mom to parent review on this. Sofie is adorable and is very trendy, but for the price, you can get the GaGa Elephant teether from target for half the price, and it's exactly the same material. We had a Sofie for my first son, but realized this and just got a GaGa for my second, and believe me, he didn't care :)

I was hesitant to buy this product not only because of the price, but because I had heard mixed reviews on it. We purchased this for our daughter and it really made no difference. She wasn't much of a teething toy baby. But when she did want to use something Sophie the and giraffe was never her preference. She would always grab all her other more cheaper tethers then Sophie. I don't think it all that big of a deal. And it's not money related I just believe that there are just as good or better tethers out there that are less expensive and will do the same work.

Neither love or hate it I have a love hate relationship with Sophie! Love because it is child friendly. The paint on it is not toxic, it can be chewed on all around, it is enticing enough for kids to chew on. However, it is not good for babies! I felt like my baby didn't have the skill to grab it and put it in her mouth. I had to look at recommended age and I felt it was too young. Another thing to note is after a while it gets weird and gross. For a $20-$25 chew toy I'd want it to last longer.

My son didn't enjoy this at all, I ended up giving it to my dogs and they loved it

caution I think the idea of this toy is great, though I know some moms were having issues where they were finding mold inside them. I personally didnt have any problems but as a preventative I did toss ours out. The giraffe is super adorable, and helped with teething issues so that's a bonus.

A fan favorite, but gross inside My first baby loved this giraffe and chewed on it a ton. Then I thought about how gross the inside of it is.. you can't wash it easily without getting water inside it. Skipped it for my second baby.