Makes: 4 servings
A twist on classic french fries, these baked Healthy Carrot Fries with curry dipping sauce make the perfect vegetable side. They are vegan, paleo, dairy free, & Whole30 approved!
fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
raw cashews, soaked in water
red curry paste
red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
1. Soak cashews the night before. Place in a small bowl and cover with water. Set aside. If you forget to soak them, add them to hot water while the carrots cook.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Cut carrots in matchsticks. Place in a large bowl and mix with avocado oil, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Place on two parchment lined baking sheets, spreading out evenly. Make sure they are not too close together.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, stir/rotate, and bake for another 15 minutes.
5. While the carrot fries bake, make the sauce. Place all sauce ingredients (cashews, curry paste, coconut aminos, lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, red pepper flakes, ginger, and water) into a Vitamix or high powered blender and blend until smooth.
6. Once carrots are done sprinkle with fresh cilantro.