General Mills Chex Mix Turtle Bars Review | SheSpeaks

• lesh4537 By  lesh4537
    07.22.10

Not my favorite bar. Its all chocolate and yes agreed it is sludgy.

• msofty68 By  msofty68
    07.15.10

Had chex mix I loved them they were great!!

• humblefoodsnob By  humblefoodsnob
    07.25.09

I got a sample too. Thankfully I tried it before I bought a box. It was horrible! The chocolate was like sludge- sickeningly sweet sludge. And it was all I could taste. No cereal, no caramel, just chocolate sludge. My husband & I together couldn't finish the bar. But it's a good idea- it just needs a good amount of tweaking.

• zionandsheol By  zionandsheol
    05.30.09

I would agree with the sickly sweet taste of these bars. I took one bite of a bar and threw it out. My husband on the other hand loved the bars. Go figure.

• maddiebsgram By  maddiebsgram
    03.21.09

YUMMY. Great between meal snack.

• CrystalBurgard By  CrystalBurgard
    03.21.09

My whole family thinks these are great! We had several boxes of both flavors and the Turtle was our hands down favorite. We havent had any issues with our tummies either

• momofbee By  momofbee
    03.19.09

Yuck!

• ddimarro By  ddimarro
    03.15.09

I didn't have tummy problems, but I didn't like the tast of the Turtle flavor AT ALL. It was more like Butterscotch than caramel! My grocery store had buggies full of the Turtle and the Chocolate flavors and were selling them for $0.99/box. At that price I couldn't resist buying 2 of each. Most of the them went into the trash because my kids wouldn't even eat them before the expiration date.

• amy0901 By  amy0901
    03.13.09

I personally thought that they tasted horrible, way too sweet.

• frizzyborden By  frizzyborden
    03.13.09

I got a free sample of this in the mail and I thought it was very good. The first taste was strange, but once I started chewing it it was good. I split mine with my husband and he really enjoyed it as well.

• shannonspeaks By  shannonspeaks
    03.13.09

The chocolate flavor isn't right here - otherwise, it would be tasty. I try to scrape off the chocolate topping part.

• my3sons001 By  my3sons001
    03.10.09

I loved these, if you like the carmel and chex mix tase you will love them! I never had any stomach upsetness.

• Inmanlc By  Inmanlc
    03.09.09

I wasn't very impressed. I received a free sample in the mail along with a coupon. The bar upset my stomach. They are also pretty expensive even with the coupon.

• HoneyB12 By  HoneyB12
    03.07.09

Chex Mix bars are disappointing, especially since I love the turtle mix. They taste terrible (like diet food-more specifically, chocolate flavored rice cakes). The worst part-they have a laxative effect. Yuck. The worst chocolate product ever.