Almay Smart Shade Smart Balance Makeup | SheSpeaks

• iDachs iDachs
    05.05.12

This is the only "makeup" that i have used for the past four years. I've even tried others, but still come back to this one. Very light (wgt.) and healthy looking.

• herbalkate By  herbalkate
    05.08.17

Very disappointing.

I tried this product years ago and had high hopes for it because, at the time, I was a huge user of other Almay products. I have fair-to-medium skin with a light olive undertone so it is difficult to find a product that matches my skin. The product claims to adjust itself to match your skin tone so I thought it would complement my skin. Unfortunately, it did not. Instead of blending in with my skin color, it changed it to a deeper color that looked too orange and fake, like a bad self-tanner. It dried nearly the second it touched my skin so I was unable to blend it in well and it left it streaky. It did not moisturize my skin and was actually kind of sticky to the touch. I was very disappointed with the results and it went to the back of the makeup graveyard in my cabinet.

• hollycatmills By  hollycatmills
    01.03.16

While using this product I had a hard time keeping it from separating on my face. Mainly around my T zone. My skin is combination and this didn't set well with translucent powder and leaving it by itself.

• simplye By  simplye
    12.15.15

Lightweight, providing full coverage, this is a product I absolutely love! I come back to it time and time again.

• jackrocks By  jackrocks
    08.24.15

I love the lightweight coverage and the self adjusting color aspect, love this!!!!

• CatholicMissionaryMom By  CatholicMissionaryMom
    09.25.14

I usually get make-up from my aunt that sells it. I left my make-up bag at home and bought this at the store. I have a problem finding make-up that feels light and matches. This was a perfect match for my skin. The downfall is that the coverage isn't the best if someone has a lot of acne, but I have a pretty decent complexion so it works well for me.

• bunnyears By  bunnyears
    09.18.14

Provides only very light coverage.

• MsChristinaK By  MsChristinaK
    09.12.14

Very light and very sheer. Kind of cool that it comes out white and turns into regular foundation but it wasn't a perfect match for my tan skin. I am acne prone and my skin is on the oilier side so this only made it greasier. Like the concept but did not work for me.

• bsanidas By  bsanidas
    08.27.14

I have really sensitive skin and it made me break out. I will not purchase this product?

• DrillBitLobotomy By  DrillBitLobotomy
    03.25.14

This makeup is a last resort for me. It has terrible coverage, makes my face oily, proceeds to make my face break out, and it doesn't match my skin at all. When I applied it, my face looked shiny and not much of a difference was there coverage wise. Honestly, this is the thing I dig up out of my makeup box when I'm desperate.

• kperez323 By  kperez323
    01.30.13

Made me break out and has no coverage.