Sara Gruen Water for Elephants | SheSpeaks Reviews

• Pistachio Pistachio
    04.25.13

The movie (urgh, Robert Pattinson) kind of made me not want to read the book, to be honest with you. However, I picked the book up one day, after a couple of friends had recommended it to me. I decided that I was so bored that I thought, "Okay, you know what? Whatever. I've got time to kill anyway", so I started reading it. Water for Elephants is amazing. It's so beautiful and poignant and clever. There are several spots where I nearly cried. I had no idea the circus could be so..... ridiculous, and such an exciting life. The main character is a passionate voice, with a fully developed history, and his narration is so witty. I loved it. However, *warning there is a sex scene.* Just.... prepare yourselves. Although I'll bet this is nothing compared to 50 Shades of Grey. ;)

• shsc82 By  shsc82
    04.22.17

Good read

I really enjoyed this book, but I am not entirely sure about the excitement and raving some folks do, it was entertaining, but not groundbreaking or life changing.

• MissNerdy By  MissNerdy
    12.18.16

Seen the movie, now wanna read the story!

I am very surprised to see this book "Water for Elephants" here cuz I've seen the movie version a few years back and I've loved it so much. It was so emotional watching it and I've even found myself cheering for the animals...especially my favorite, the elephant. Now there is a book I can read...I'm very sure it's going to more detailed and with that, I'm very excited to buy this. Cant hardly wait!

• mango55 By  mango55
    08.03.16

sara gruen !!

i loved this book so much that i had to check out sara gruen's other works. if you enjoyed this, read her book at the waters edge. completely different and just as good!

• krisharrison By  krisharrison
    08.02.16

Wonderful!

Loved this book!! and the movie too! Especially Reese Witherspoon!

• bilello By  bilello
    06.23.16

I PERSONALLY LOVE THIS PRODUCT. IT MAKES ME HAPPY TO SMELL IT. IT MAKES ME MORE ALERT AND I FEEL VERY WOMANLY. I LOVE IT SO MUCH I WOULD BUY A GALLON OF IT FOR ME AND FRIENDS!

• Aliciadawns26 By  Aliciadawns26
    05.20.16

Amazing read iv actually read it 3 times it was that good deff recommend

• Cgerstler By  Cgerstler
    04.06.16

This book was pretty good. I saw the movie prior so I wanted a little extra surprise with the book but it mirrored the movie.

• ModernDayMonroe By  ModernDayMonroe
    03.05.16

This book took me on an emotional roller coaster! I went from happy to angry to sad to angry then to sad then back to happy again. It's beautifully written and keeps you interested from start to finish. I love the actors in the film adaptation but the book is definitely better. Much more detail. Plus, who doesn't love that era?!

• lmengel By  lmengel
    01.20.16

One of my all time favorite books. I could not put it down. Its such an amazing love story. It keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

• arlette2525 By  arlette2525
    11.08.15

I loved this book! It was a page turner. It kept me guessing with a few surprises!