› Beauty Reviews Nails Reviews

Nail Polish
Rating Reviews Recommended
4.4 15 80%
rated #25 in Nails
There are currently no votes for most helpful review. Be the first and upvote reviews that you think are helpful
social divider social divider social divider
15 Reviews social divider Add your review
All Reviews for Julep Nail Polish
hkonigs
on Mar 28, 2014   ::  *EXTENDED REVIEW* Coupon FREEBOX gets first box free, here: http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/229386/ I was hooked on Julep because they offered the first box free. I have been receiving Julep boxes (on those months that I opt in, anyway) for almost a whole year now, and I'm still a big fan, mostly thanks to the fantastic quality of the polish, the ease with which you can cancel a box, and the variety of colors. -- -- -- -- -- Julep is advertised as being "4-free": no formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, or DBP. Butter London, a comparable product, is priced at 15.00 for a .4oz bottle. In the Maven boxes, Julep polishes come out to 6.63 for a .27oz bottle. Making Julep about 24.55/oz and Butter 37.50/oz. In practice, every Julep polish I've tried has lasted at least a week (nearly all of them closer to 1.5 or 2 weeks) without (or with minimal) chipping, compared to the Butter polishes I've tried that can't seem to last more than three days without peeling or flaking off in large chunks. In other words: Julep is better. -- -- -- -- -- Another great thing about the Julep subscription is the ability to cancel a box. There's a decently sized window in which to choose which box you'd like (yes, you are initially assigned a box based on your quiz, but you aren't held to it and can change each month based on which box you want), add any extras, and/or choose to skip the month. There's no fee to skip, and if you then decide you want it after all, you can opt back in. -- -- -- -- -- Another great feature of the subscription is the Jules: for subscribing, you receive 100 Jules, and then 300 Jules for every box you choose to purchase after that - 750 if you pay for the monthly upgrade. On your birthday, you get 200 Jules, and once you've been a member for a year (not buying every box, just being a member) you get 500 Jules. Also, for each friend you refer who buys a box, you get 1000 Jules. (Now would probably be the time to share my referral link: http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/229386/ ). You can use Jules to pay for boxes (2000 Jules per monthly box) or add-ons (750 Jules per polish, slightly less - between 500 and 650 - for things like polish remover pads, nail files, or decals). -- -- -- -- -- And speaking of add-ons: if you don't get a nail file with your first box (I think I did, but I don't remember), you might want to think about getting one. The Julep files are really nice, about six inches long and quite thick, with one side a finer grit than the other. I've had the same board for the whole time I've been subscribed, and it shows virtually no signs of wear despite fairly frequent use. -- -- -- -- -- Finally, my last favorite thing about the service - and also, the one thing I sometimes have trouble with: there are a TON of colors. I have 42 Julep polishes, and not a single one is identical. HOWEVER. There are a couple (literally, two of the 42) that are disappointing in their opacity. The solution, however, is as simple as putting down a lightly colored base coat. -- -- -- -- -- Oh, and that reminds me of another thing I love about Julep polishes: they have swatch stickers. Because, as we know, polishes don't always look the same in the bottle as they do out. Nearly all Julep bottles (34/42) have stickers on top that allow you to swatch the color inside. The rectangular cap comes off of the wand handle (glad I learned that) so you can swatch onto the cap's sticker and then allow it to dry. Of the eight I have that are without stickers, three have metallic caps, and one is actually the oxygen nail treatment, which is a pale pink neutral that isn't intended for use as a polish. I've found that my more recent polishes have all had "swatch me" stickers, except for the free Valentine's day polish I received in February, which had a metallic cap. Also; "swatch me" stickers are available for purchase or as an add on with your box, if you want more for Julep polishes or your other polishes at home. -- -- -- -- -- Long review, but I had a lot to say! I'm still a huge fan of Julep even though it's been almost a year. While I have skipped months due to lack of funds or disinterest in offered products, I have yet to be disappointed by anything I've ordered. And if the only downside is price (though the quality makes up for it) and the occasional disappointing color (less than 5% of the colors I've received), it really seems worth the risk. -- -- -- -- -- If you want to reward me for the massive amount of time I just spent writing this review (and I'd appreciate it), and/or if you're interested in trying out Julep, please use my referral link: http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/229386/
annaania25
on Jan 13, 2014   ::  I love nail polishes. The only problem I would always have was that they wouldnt stay on too long. But as soon as Julep has emerged I don't have to worry about it anymore. On average Julep nail polish stays on my nails for 5-6 days!! It is a little expensive buying Julep nail polish seperately, but I recommend signing up for their monthly subscription box and becoming Julep Maven. Also check out this offer: Julep: Receive free Just Dew It set, including Mask Noir, Beach Tonic Dry Body Oil, and Moisture Mask Trio ($75 value) with orders $35 or more. To receive free gift, add Just Dew It to your shopping bag in addition to $35+ of other products. Expires on 01/19/2014.
trwinans
on Nov 19, 2013   ::  Love juleps products. There nail polishes last forever. The colors are great and there are many of them to choose from. I get a box every month with great products. The shine is a high shine to.
Racher4
on Nov 05, 2013   ::  I am addicted to julep products!!!
luvmytweenies
on Nov 04, 2013   ::  I tried Julep nail polish, it was a light shade of blue called Jessica, was not thrilled with it. After 2 coats its was still streaky. For the price its not the best product out there. It lasted about 5 days and then started to chip off. The color was nice though.
aedwards27604
on Nov 04, 2013   ::  I love this polish! It dries quick, the color is not transparent like the cheaper ones and it is very durable! I am so rough with my hands, constantly washing and using sanitizer so polish always chipped so easily before but Julep lasts for weeks and still looks great!
tjbriccio
on Sep 14, 2013   ::  I just tries my first Julep polish and I was very disappointed. I put three coats on and the polish looked so streaky that I had to take it off. I am still giving it three stars, as perhaps it was just that color and I will try the others soon.
khd023
on Sep 12, 2013   ::  This polish is really nice. It goes on smooth, the colors are vibrant and beautiful, and it is long lasting. The only down side is the price tag. I get two polishes and a beauty item in a Maven Box once a month for $20, but if you shop outside of that, it can get very pricey.
CarisaLin
on Aug 22, 2013   ::  I first tried Julep because I earned a free maven box. I love the polish and that they customize a collection based on your style preferences each month. I've tried nail polishes in colors I never thought would look good, but they do! The people at Julep sure know what they are doing. The monthly maven box is the best deal. What's even better is when you get a montly maven box you are able to shop in their special store - with great prices and past maven box options.
MsDavis
on Aug 07, 2013   ::  I absolutely have to give Julep Nail Polish 5 stars here. This polish is one of the top best polishes out there. It last longer than most other polishes without chipping. The color pigments are awesome and the shades available are great as well. As we all know different colors are often formulated differently , but in my experience with this brand of nail polish the application is always smooth with all the polish shades by Julep that I own and only 2 coats is ever necessary.
Pages: 1 2