Julep Nail Polish | SheSpeaks Reviews

• dudewheresmycat dudewheresmycat
    08.07.15

I have a love hate relationship with Julep nail polishes. I am not a monthly subscriber, so the price that I pay is typically $14 a bottle, and I would like to make clear that their bottle are a tad smaller in terms of mL than the average bottle of nail polish. The difference that I observe between Julep's polishes vs. OPI, Sally Hansen and the likes is that the latter group I find are usually a hit or miss, while with Julep I always get what I expect - good quality. That being said, I don't feel like the polish is any significant improvement over a 'hit' bottle from another brand. Color, shine, longevity, etc. are just as good as the best bottle of OPI. They supposedly have some special oxygen thing going on that's said to help with nail health, but I honestly have no idea what that's all about. They do have a good variety of interesting colors always coming out and if you're into this type of thing, a lot of the polishes are vegan/vegetarian and not tested on animals, which is clearly marked on each bottle, but I have received some that don't have such marking, and the site doesn't say. I have not tried a top or base coat from them before.

• sefeinman By  sefeinman
    09.18.16

Great concept for nail polish addicts like me!

I have been a monthly subscriber with Julep for over a year. If you saw my nail polish collection you would probably run, just like my last boyfriend did when he saw it. First of all, Julep works best when you use their base coat, top coat and their wand stick brush to apply the polish. The brushes in the bottle are too big and I find that I make a huge mess. I love using the wand because it is smaller. Second of all, I have fallen in love with many of their colors. One was black with glitter and had a "stardust" (matte) finish. I probably applied it only three dif times and that was the end of the bottle. This happens with a lot of their polishes. I am always running out of the base and top coats. Third of all, if you are a member-you can swap out polishes. If you don't like what they have for the month of October, you can go to their website and pick something else. You can also get free items by purchasing additional products, and you earn Jules Reward Points (which of course I have taken advantage of-and received A LOT of free nail polish). Fourth, I can never get the polish to stay perfect for longer than a week. To me, this is a good thing. Doing my nails is actually a calming technique I use when I am stressed (which happens to be more than the average person). So I like that I get to do my nails every week and experiment with different colors AND different finishes like "stardust" "shimmer" "pearl" or "chrome". I LOVE that the names of the polishes are actual FEMALE names-so if a friend's birthday is coming up, I always try to look for their name-and most of the time I can find it and purchase it! Overall-I am a huge fan. And on a side note-they don't just sell polish. Makeup, tools, cleansers, etc. However, I know I can't be a lifetime member. I getting more into gel polishes lately.

• lindahusker By  lindahusker
    11.10.15

If you want to join, here is my referral http://refer.julep.com/v2/share/6215611066589297607! I have been a Julep Maven for almost 3 years. The best thing for me is that you can opt out each month if you aren't feeling the selections or don't have it in your budget, makes it the perfect subscription. They also have occasional special months, where you get a free polish, which is a nice perk. You also get a nice discount in the shop. They have a jules system, which isn't bad, for each box you do take you get 300 jules at 2000 you can get a free box. The polish itself is very nice. They have a wide brush, and the color selections are out of site. I really enjoy it.

• Rhunter41 By  Rhunter41
    09.25.15

Can't go wrong with Julep. These polishes are so good!!!

• francy911 By  francy911
    09.17.15

Love these polishes, i have a few, and the colors are amazing, especially the glitter polishes

• dudewheresmycat By  dudewheresmycat
    08.07.15

• Lacielynne By  Lacielynne
    06.22.15

I do enjoy this nail polish but I have never been able to buy this polish in stores which is a huge downer. The nail polish goes on great and dries in a good amount of time. But I have always had to buy it online and then you have to pay shipping which isn't great.

• shresthashre2 By  shresthashre2
    12.04.14

i love julep polishes. They have different varieties of good colours.

• Lannah86 By  Lannah86
    11.01.14

I love the option colors. It dried pretty fast. And it's super shiny

• anniegranny By  anniegranny
    08.22.14

great polish nails are shiny last a long time love the way they look

• DeniceD By  DeniceD
    08.10.14

I like Julep polishes. Sure, some can be thick, but that isn't anything a little thinner won't fix. I usually get pretty good wear out of all the ones I have. They can be a little pricey if you aren't a maven, but they have coupons quite often.