Kathryn Stockett The Help | SheSpeaks

• trippingtiffies trippingtiffies
    10.29.13

Such a wonderful book. It really tugs at the heartstrings. If you've seen the movie but not read the book, I recommend you do so now. It really helps put the movie in perspective.

• njmomto3 By  njmomto3
    01.24.12

Loved this book! I couldn't put it down. It was so interesting to see how the characters, and their stories, developed. I felt like it was a story unlike any I had ever read before. I really felt for The maids and despised some of ths snotty women.

• smartin By  smartin
    01.24.12

Incredible read! The author's use of the voice of the characters and description of the time and place drew me in and wouldn't let me put the book down. This book is a definite keeper to read again.

• valeried312 By  valeried312
    01.23.12

This book is moving. It will make you laugh and cry. I highly recommend it to adult readers. The only reason I felt it deserved four stars instead of five was the underdeveloped ending. I felt as if Stockett left us hanging & wanting more at the end.

• moviequeen96 By  moviequeen96
    01.18.12

I absolutely loved this book. My grandmother and my aunt were maids. I never knew EXACTLY what it meant for them until reading this book. They are both deceased now, and I can only imagine the stories they would have to tell. I have suggested this as a MUST read.THEN see the movie!

• Lilmama79 By  Lilmama79
    01.18.12

I luv the book! It just sucked you in and pulled at your heart strings. It was funny, sad, and truly touching. I watched the movie recently and it did miss information from the book, so I definitely recommend reading the book. My 14 year old just started reading it b/c she liked the movie so much.

• kristiniskickin By  kristiniskickin
    01.15.12

Excellent book, couldn't put it down!

• k19pumpkin By  k19pumpkin
    01.14.12

I could not put this book down. It is a great read and would recommend. It to everyone. I even think they did a great job fitting all the important parts in the movie.

• hgoncalves By  hgoncalves
    01.11.12

I absolutely loved this book! I felt like I really got to know the characters and I wish I could have kept reading more about their life after the book was finished. I can't wait to watch the movie!

• tristazollars By  tristazollars
    01.09.12

LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! The character development is amazing - makes you feel like you are in the scene with them :) I would love to read other books that are this intense, yet I can not find one like this one!

• cubsgirl21 By  cubsgirl21
    01.06.12

Amazing book! I was hesitant to read it because of all the hype, and ended up reading it in two sittings. This is a book that even non-readers will enjoy. Can't wait to read more from Kathryn Stockett.