Toys R Us | SheSpeaks

• spacktacle01 spacktacle01
    11.09.14

Good variety of toys, especially when we are looking for something specific. However, I have found even their sale prices are high. Other stores everyday prices for the same items are lower. I also don't like the return policy and what a hassle it is to take something back.

• MasterofMom MasterofMom
    07.21.13

This is a store that I like to take my kids to, but I don't particularly like to shop there myself. I usually find that their selection is a bit small compared to shopping online, and the prices are unusually high. The coupons that they distribute always have a huge list of things that you can't use them with, and you can't use them on anything that is already on sale. We only shop here if we have to have a particular item very quickly, or if it's a special occasion for our son and he is picking out his own toy.

• thuctrang By  thuctrang
    12.03.11

During anytime of the year, they have every selection of toys and games that kids of any ages may desire. Toys R Us knows there are no competitions out there from other stores so they are lacking in customer service. Unlike other stores, Toys R Us DO NOT price matched, offered rainchecks or readily price adjusted. Their register is horrible at doing returns if you don't have a receipt. Other stores like Target will offer to do a credit card lookup but Toys R Us system can only do it at random (may or may not find your item). However, I think they recently offered to let you do a no-receipt return with an ID to offset their limitations. Toysrus.com is good effort but still have many glitches for any buyer. If you do a store pickup order, especially during store busy season, there is no guarantee that the store pulled your order on time while the item is instock. Be prepared to get a cancellation notice, even if you ordered before store's opening hours. Toysrus.com purchases can be returned to the store (to avoid return shipping charges). THE WORST about toysrus.com is that you can only get instore merchandise credit for any toysrus.com returns, even with proof of original form of payment. This is UNACCEPTABLE. I was told that toysrus.com and the store's systems are independent. However, if you get a willing supervisor, you can get an override to return to your credit card if that was the form of payment.

• ajenkins By  ajenkins
    10.06.11

Love Toys R Us! We take our kids there for their birthdays, and that is the first store we go for Christmas for the kids. On our youngest kids' birthdays they get a $ off coupon from the store!

• lori74 By  lori74
    10.01.11

Can find toys that i cant find other places

• Mijeka By  Mijeka
    01.09.11

Some items are pricier than Wal-Mart (by $3-$4), but over all EXCELLENT selections :)

• bookerboysmom By  bookerboysmom
    09.09.10

We live in a very small town and a when a family friend's little boy across the country was turning two we knew exactly what we wanted to send him for his birthday but were absolutely unable to find it where we live. Not to mention that it was a rather large item (the Little Tykes Basketball Goal) so mailing it would be an issue as well. I went online to Toys R Us (dot) com and found the item immediately and was able to have it shipped directly to them. They even offered a free birthday greeting to be included. The package arrived in LESS THAN A WEEK! Which I totally believe to be quicker than if we had mailed it from where we live. Needless to say, we were thrilled and the birthday boy was thrilled! I would definately use this online store again for shopping for friends and family living across the country AND for those who live overseas (we are a military family and have been stationed in Europe for many years).

• Gregamy13 By  Gregamy13
    08.26.10

One year for my son's birthday I decided to make a wishlist for him in order for my family to have ideas on what he likes. This was when he was turning three. Every year my family and I use it for the kids so we know what they want and it makes it easier on us to choose something for a gift, something we know that they will like. Unfortunately I just learned recently that any items that are purchased from the wishlist and bought online (products that can't be purchased at the local Toys R Us store) can NOT be returned to a local Toys R Us store. My son recently received a microscope as a present and it doesn't work properly. In order to return this item I would need the packing slip, which my friend does not have. I like using their wishlist but from now on I won't put on any product that can't be bought at my local Toys R Us store. I am actually going to contact Toys R Us online to see how to resolve this matter, I will update with more information when I find out.