Lodge Logic Cast Iron Skillet Review Page 4 of 4 | SheSpeaks

• ecological By  ecological
    09.18.10

Extremely durable, makes cooking less frustrating and also cleaning up a less messy experience!

• talmond33 By  talmond33
    09.17.10

Just like my grandma uses to have. I love it. Cooks food evenly and to perfection!

• baileycc2 By  baileycc2
    09.15.10

I finally received a cast iron skillet from my husband, but it wasn't a Lodge. I am hoping to get one this year for Christmas. I have let him know that Lodge is the best, and I very much want one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

• CMCHILDERS By  CMCHILDERS
    09.15.10

I could not even imagine not having an iron skillet in my kitchen, love it!

• catfederline By  catfederline
    09.15.10

I love my cast iron skillets. I have 3 that I use in rotation daily. Just make sure that you re-season the skillets. It makes all the difference in the world when it comes to items NOT sticking to the pan.

• lmphinney By  lmphinney
    09.15.10

Lodge cast iron is what I primarily use to cook with & have for 20 + years. It is the best & worth the extra money. It will last not only my lifetime, but my children & their children as well. Easy to use, cooks evenly & easy to clean.

• bvalentino1 By  bvalentino1
    09.14.10

I have had their skillets for many years. I brown, simmer, saute in them. Use my deeper ones for roasts instead of turning the oven on. Can't say enough...

• vbishop84 By  vbishop84
    09.14.10

it is a great cooking pan

• bulldog By  bulldog
    09.14.10

could not even imagine not having cast iron cookware

• whozzurmomma By  whozzurmomma
    09.14.10

The best for cooking cornbread!!!

• jlindseyc By  jlindseyc
    08.17.10

perfect cornbread everytime!

• silverfox2010 By  silverfox2010
    08.08.10

Lodge makes reliable, solid products that will last a lifetime. Don't ever throw one if you forget to take care of it and it gets rusty --- simply re-season and it's ready to go. If you don't know how to re-season cast iron, check out YouTube for video clips to teach you how to do it. Easy-breezy. These pans are much better and safer than Teflon products but work just as well if properly seasoned.

• Tpentek By  Tpentek
    08.06.10

I own several pieces of Lodge cast iron and it is the best. Pre-seasoned and it stays seasoned easily. Nothing cookes like cast iron.

• Writingmom By  Writingmom
    06.19.10

We have the deep, large skillet that can be used as a dutch oven as well as a skillet. We have used it to get a good crust on steaks, roasts, etc... but have also made a wonderful oven baked beef stew in it. Remember not to use dish soap to wash - scrub without soap and use vegetable oil to season the pan. It is really the best skillet I have ever owned.

• jessicamac By  jessicamac
    06.19.10

We use these to make the tastiest steaks - just heat the skillet on high the stovetop, with no oil or butter, and put the steaks, seasoned only with salt and pepper, right in. Creates a great sear on both sides. Super easy to clean, and will last for generations if you treat it right.