Idahoan Instant Mashed Potatoes Review Page 3 of 4 | SheSpeaks

• amypence23 By  amypence23
    04.25.13

I make these all the time, my family loves them! It's a great alternative to peeling, cooking, and mashing real potatoes. I can get about three or four times out of one box.

• pippilongstocking By  pippilongstocking
    04.24.13

As much as I love homemade mashed potatoes, I don't always have the time to make them so I try to keep a big box of this in my pantry. I have tried several different brands, but I've learned that not all instant mashed potatoes are the same, and none that I've tried come close to the Idahoan brand. Idahoan Instant Mashed Potatoes are our favorite, because the flavor is very tasty and the texture is very good to be instant. We love these with just a little butter and salt or gravy--either way is great!

• shoppingnut505 By  shoppingnut505
    03.28.13

Quick, easy and the taste is not that bad either. My family really can not taste the difference and they gobble them up everytime I make them.

• grammamonsey By  grammamonsey
    01.20.13

Just bought a box the other day. I always use this brand. it's very good taste and a good value. It's something to always have on hand. Everyone loves mashed at my house.

• lilith By  lilith
    01.01.13

Tastes like real potatoes.

• ilamc20 By  ilamc20
    12.24.12

Even though there is no substitute for home made mashed potatoes, this comes very close. We used to buy the small bags and mix the flavors but it is easier to buy the larger box and add our own ingredients to make it "homemade". This is an item that is served daily at our house and I never have leftovers with this product. Also it is very easy on the stomach when my younger kids are not feeling well, so it is a win win for us.

• Amanda21 By  Amanda21
    10.11.12

I always. get this kind and. only this kind. just love it

• creep4ward By  creep4ward
    10.11.12

I'll admit I have never been a fan of instant mashed potatoes. I always thought, is it really so hard to make your own mashed potatoes from scratch? My mom loves this brand, though, and I will say that as instant potatoes go, these are some of the best. I still prefer home made.

• jlbyrd By  jlbyrd
    10.11.12

These are a great alternative to the real thing. When my husband had jaw surgery this year and was put on a soft diet, these were so easy to make. I added cheese, sour cream and other goodies to change the flavor up a bit.

• snellsd By  snellsd
    10.10.12

Very good and easy to make. Personally I prefer real mash potatoes. But if you gotta do instant Idahoan is the way to go. So much better than most instant mashe potatoes.

• KSue04 By  KSue04
    10.10.12

My kids love these! They do not have the metallic taste that most instant potatos do. Very good!

• MissELF By  MissELF
    10.10.12

These are the only instant mashed potatoes I will eat. It has a great flavor. It's quick and easy and last, but not least inexpensive way to add to your meal!

• tokapaul By  tokapaul
    09.08.12

Fast, easy, and tastes really close to the real thing!

• SoCal88 By  SoCal88
    08.30.12

Low cost, fast and easy to make. Plus I love how there's a big variety of flavors to choose from.

• nursebunny By  nursebunny
    04.30.12

very easy to make, taste great