AMC Mad Men | SheSpeaks

• Veronicalodge Veronicalodge
    07.11.19

Mad for Mad Men!

As a lover of more vapid & soapy shows (think Beverly Hills 90210 & Gossip Girl reruns), I hadn?t made the Mad Men jump until 2012, which I believe was already 4 seasons or so in? I was working at a place where mad men was a common topic so instead of feeling like the outsider, I finally took the plunge and binged! Keep in mind, I am a girl that has the attention span of a child even on add medication, so it takes a lot to really get my attention! While my best friend who I ended up getting into mad men too, it became a competition as he was watching more than me at one point and was giving up little sub plots and story lines just to mess with me! He was surprised I liked it as he pointed it he thought it was a bit slow, and I would eventually concur to this, though not at the first episode or so. Mad men is honestly one f the few quality tv shows that has been done extremely well and casted to perfection. It is a show that does have soapy elements but not in such ways that a male wouldn?t watch it, and not a show geared to a gender specific audience. While I think the finale seasons started lacking, every series that has more than 2 or 3 seasons will have a fan that has a favorite and least favorite. Many times a first season or at least first few episodes In a new series are iffy (flashback to Bev Hills 90210 original, first season was painfully boring as was Melrose place, but afterwards would pick up and become much more exciting) , mad men doesn?t have that problem. The only negative I will mention is that a friend did mention that it seemed at times when they got lazy or were out of material they would tend to do ?flashbacks?to Don Draper?s past (Jon Hamm- who honestly just as eye candy is worth watching even if you have less of an attention span as me, as he is so charismatic & classically handsome that it?s just the cherry on top of the sundae)!
  • candries candries
    12.10.15

Loved the show..........but too much smoking, drinking and running around for us. We stopped watching it after a couple of seasons. The story line just got old.

• belleofthenorth By  belleofthenorth
    09.04.15

I really got into this series, and was highly disappointed when it was killed. If you are looking for a show that is different than anything else on tv, then this is it. cast was well-chosen, kept your interest in it, and honestly, i dont know why they decided to end it, they could have went on and on with the storylines. i would recommend for sure.

• han_mcmillen By  han_mcmillen
    08.22.15

I can't get enough of this show. I'm always intrigued and so excited for the next season. Absolutely love the retro theme and the characters are more complex than I expected

• ajsterz By  ajsterz
    08.14.15

Great show, and it is on Netflix! The characters/actors are amazing, and the plot lines hook you in.

• TiffanyH17 By  TiffanyH17
    07.13.15

Love this show! Sad to see it end. It was so fun to go back in time and experience life through the characters eyes. Very well done!

• Skyvark By  Skyvark
    07.07.15

I really tried to jump on the bandwagon for this one. Ultimately, the show is too boring for me!

• ceciflor By  ceciflor
    07.02.15

I love this TV show. It is my favorite. All the details on the seeing and the kind of different behavior back then.

• majay33 By  majay33
    05.21.15

This is not really a show for my taste. I tried watching it, but was very disappointed. Everyone I talk to absolutely love this show and never miss it. Just not for me.

• rstars By  rstars
    02.26.15

Amazing show! So sad it's ending.

• kittyyoga By  kittyyoga
    02.12.15

Great show, but can move slowly at times and have some questionable morals. I really enjoyed the wardrobe and set design. So cool to see historical America.

• Ever777 By  Ever777
    01.09.15

Really enjoy this show. Addicting to watch.