St Martin s Press Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris | SheSpeaks

• BrokenTeepee BrokenTeepee
    08.03.16

Behind Closed Doors

My full review is too long to fit in the confines of the characters allowed here. It can be read at http://brokenteepee.com/behind-closed-doors-by-b-a-paris-book-review/ Here is a snippet: And it is a whopper of a tale. One that will keep you looking over your shoulder and wondering about the nature of relationships. I am sure it would be, in some ways, even worse on a second read. It might be worth one as I went through it so quickly because I just wanted to know what was going to happen! 4.5 I received a free copy for my honest review

• carolnaes By  carolnaes

a page turner

From the first chapter to the last chapter I enjoyed this book. It starts out like any love story, boy meets girl, they fall in love and get married.. but what goes on #Behindcloseddoors is not like anything you would ever dream of. The story of Jack and Grace will keep you turning pages from the beginning to the end. It is a book you won't want to put down. While Grace is as sweet as her name, Jack is one of a kind. I received this book from the SheSpeaks program to review for free to give my honest and unbiased review.

• agirlw By  agirlw

Couldn't Put It Down All Weekend

I received this book from the SheSpeaks program to review for free for my honest and unbiased review. For that I thank She Speaks! I haven't become so engrossed with a book in a long time. I spent the weekend getting lost in the shock, rage, frustration, confusion, and all of the extreme emotions you will find yourself in while flipping every last page. You can't help but feel for the characters on various levels and it will leave you wanting more. What a great book if you like criminal cases..this one is for you!

• taletreader By  taletreader

Psyched Me Out

I admit, when I first started reading, I thought this book might be similar to a couple others I've read in the past. However, once the pace picked up a bit, I understood right away why Behind Closed Doors was going to stand out from the rest... I like to think reading a psychological thriller is--of course--going to be intense and nerve-wracking, but worth it. Especially when I can try to figure out what's really going on "behind closed doors" if the book calls for it. Not only did this book call out for me to strive to do just so while reading, but also while eating, cleaning, and yes--sleeping! The twists just kept me thinking night and day. It doesn't take a detective to figure out what this book's about. However, that certainly doesn't take away from how enthralling it is. Once you dive in, you're immersed in Grace's world until you finally come up for air. It's hard to see what's headed your way. And the ending... The ending is "perfect" as Grace's husband, Jack Angel, would say. *I received this book for free from SheSpeaks in exchange for an honest review.

• rena_sanford By  rena_sanford
    08.15.16

A real page turner

I received this book for free from She Speaks to read and review. This story has lots of twists and turns that really keep you on the edge of your seat wondering what is going it happen next. I haven't finished yet, but I can't wait to find out how it ends.

• gloria1960 By  gloria1960
    08.15.16

great!!!!!!!!

This was an great book. I could hardly set it aside for even one minute. I took it to work and read it between my free time when it was possible. Even so, I raced through this at a hurtling speed, often holding my breath and on occasion, stamping my feet in frustration. All I have to say is Wow, unbelievable. There was nothing that I didn't like about this novel, it was a very addictive which was read in a few days. It could easily be one of the biggest books of the year. I received this book for free from SheSpeaks. My thoughts are my own. ‪#‎BehindClosedDoors‬

• Savannaholive By  Savannaholive

A page turner!

I really enjoyed this book! I found it to be thrilling and chilling. I read it long into the night, staying up much later than I should have to get to the end of the story. I found it to be an interesting story line about Jack and Grace Angel, whose twisted relationship has been expertly covered up by Jack. I was impressed by how B. A. Paris kept my emotions high throughout the book. I would recommend this book as a chilling summer read. I received a free copy of Behind Closed Doors from @SheSpeaksUp and @StMartinsPress for an unbiased review.

• brazell4496 By  brazell4496

Loved it!

This is a great book. Loved the characters especially Jack he had me on the edge of my seat to know he could be so evil, while in the beginning I never thought he could be. This is a must read book for sure, he though I never thought I would be able to get into it. I can say that B A Paris put a lot of effort and thought into writing this attention keeping book. I have never read a book with a character like Jack but now I can't wait to. Thank you She Speaks for letting me be a part of receiving this book I hope the author writes more stories like this one!

• kristtie By  kristtie

Great Introduction to a New Author

First of all I am not a fan of thrillers. I am more of a historical fiction girl. However, this was a really good book. BA Paris did a great job of holding my interest and introduced me to a new world of books. The story is of a couple who seems to be best at everything. They have a wonderful house, great friends, and money to burn. But things are not always as perfect as that. The wife, Grace, thinks that she has married the man of everyone's dreams. She soon learns that he is a wolf in sheep clothings. Pros: The author's way of making heroes out of the most unlikely people. The smooth transitions between the past and present. The feeling of wanting to know more. Cons: Some things were a little unbelievable to me. The whole scene of the hospital. I thought that doctors were required by law to investigate any accusation of abuse. Overall, it was a really great book. It is a quick read that made analyze many aspects of the modern world. It made me think of how we quest for perfection but only to learn that we have everything already. It has made me realize how easy it would be for some to just disappear with the world knowing. This is Paris's first novel and I am very interested in seeing what comes next!

• dibingolady3 By  dibingolady3

Must Read Book

Wow what a great book. Loved the characters especially Jack he was such a sinister one and had me on the edge of my seat to know someone could be so evil. This is a must read book it was well worth my time. I can only say that when you have a book to read as this you know that B A Paris put a lot of effort and thought into writing it. I have never read a book with a character like Jack he was from the depths of evil his portrayal in the book was right on and the way he interacted with the other characters left me with the fact that even though it was a fictional character he seemed so real. Thank you She Speaks for letting me be a part of receiving this book I hope the author has others like this in store for us the viewers.

• tammyjojack By  tammyjojack
    08.13.16

Finished This Book in 3 Days

This was one of the best books I have read in a long time! I really loved it. I have been telling everyone how good it is. I was skeptical at first. Even when I started reading it I was unsure I would be able to get into it and wasn't in love with the way the author wrote in the "present" and then "past" every other chapter. However, I soon found that I was lost in the book and couldn't put it down. The fact that the story goes back and forth from present to past really helps tell the whole story and keeps the reader intrigued and wanting to get to the next chapter. It truly was a "page turner". I finished this book in 3 days! Yes, 3 days and I have 4 children and a busy schedule. I read for hours at night, because I could not put the book away. It was THAT good! The characters are interesting, the plot is great and keeps you wanting more. In the beginning I was trying to guess ahead and figure out what was coming, but I was still left in shock many times. I really hope this author keeps writing. I will be looking for her work in the future.