L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base Review Page 2 of 2 | SheSpeaks

• dragonfire79 By  dragonfire79
    04.13.11

I tried to like this product but it made my face feel so greasy and I usually have dry skin. And it felt like it never really dried. At first I thought I was using too much so I cut it down to just a drop distributed all over my face but it still felt the same way. It also feathered on my forehead even after I had applied my moisturizer. I'm trying to use it up so I don't waste it but I wont purchase it again.

• leahwithanh By  leahwithanh
    03.03.11

It's so nice to see a "drug-store" brand finally come out with an affordable primer. I've paid upwards of $20 for tiny tubes of primer at Sephora. A .5 ounce tub of this (still pretty small) is only around $11. The results are not quite as astounding as the more expensive brands, but it's certainly worth it's price. It does a pretty good job of evening skin tone and correcting imperfections either alone or under foundation.

• cooltothemax By  cooltothemax
    02.13.11

This primer is pretty good for being a drugstore item. It makes my skin smoother and softer before I put on my foundation, but I can't help thinking there's something better out there for me.

• selfish333 By  selfish333
    01.02.11

Depending on how you use this product it can be a big hit or a major miss. The texture is a bit tacky and sticky, much less so when it is spread on your face...if you apply to much is can be a disaster. So yes, this primer definitely smooths out your skin hiding imperfections and making it look supple, hydrated, and soft in appearance. The product is noncomodegenic and wont aggravate or create acne, yay!!! Now the touchy part of this primer, if you over apply the primer liquid, stick, and creme foundation will be almost impossible to apply and you will feel like you have heavy makeup. I think this product works best with powder foundation, see as it sets everything nicely creating a flawless finish.

• Outgoing1 By  Outgoing1
    12.04.10

I thought the consistency was horrible and returned the product. It was difficult to spread on my face. I am amazed that some of you gave this five stars!

• ginagina909 By  ginagina909
    11.07.10

This is one of my new favorite things!!! I use coupons so I didn;t pay too much for it! Love to wear it by itself!

• pokergirl By  pokergirl
    09.10.10

I love this stuff. Just as good as Smashbox and cheaper too. I will definatly continue to get this.

• Lusadi By  Lusadi
    07.06.10

I've been using this product for a few days now and really feel that it has made a difference in how nicely my foundation goes on and how long my makeup stays on. It's also aided in hiding the dark allergy circles that I often have under my eyes this time of year. It is a little pricey perhaps, but a tiny amount foes a long way. I think L'oreal hit the mark on this one.

• makeupbyashlee By  makeupbyashlee
    07.02.10

This is a great make-up primer for a drugstore line of makeup! At first it felt a little too heavy for my oily, problem-prone skin but after applying to my face it feels light. Make sure you let this primer dry a couple minutes before applying foundation. Only thing I dislike is the packaging, I dislike the jar it comes in. I also never really noticed this primer "hiding" my large pores. Good product though!

• jessdemery By  jessdemery
    05.19.10

I love this product, it's the best facial product I've ever used. It leaves you skin feeling silky and looking smooth & beautiful.