Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Review Page 2 of 3 | SheSpeaks

• sparklyglittereve By  sparklyglittereve
    08.27.12

Love, love, LOVE Smashbox photo finish primer. It is a must in any makeup lovers beauty bag. From the beginner to the expert makeup artist the staying power it gives your foundation or powder is just great. This primer gose on smooth leaving the skin silky. Makeup gose on with out any fakes or settling into fine lines. Smashbox has a light version as well as color correcting shades. Something for everyone to love!

• LittleBriarRose By  LittleBriarRose
    08.27.12

I love this primer, it goes on like silk, and makes my skin look so smooth after i put on foundation. definally worth the money i spent for it.! itz my favorite primer!

• iDachs By  iDachs
    05.05.12

Loved this primer and dont mind paying money for a good product. Its good if you use a powder foundation but not so much for a liquid...

• elysejoy1 By  elysejoy1
    05.04.12

This is the only primer I will use. I have tried MANY primers, and I always go back to the smashbox photo finish primer. It makes my face look so smooth. My foundation goes on so easily. I use a lot less foundation and get spectacular results!

• daniellejodi By  daniellejodi
    03.27.12

Smashbox is my religion and this is one of my top two fave products...the other is the original Cream Eye Liner. This product is so good under makeup as it literally makes your make up float and doesn't let it settle into fine lines! It is clear and also does not interfere with the tone of foundation or make powders gummy. A Smashbox original and a winner with me.

• zippychick By  zippychick
    10.27.11

Smashbox primer is my favorite primer. When I first tried it a few years ago, I was awed by how soft and smooth it made my facial skin. My foundation just glided onto my skin when I applied it. Plus, Smashbox primer really helps my foundation to stay on my face. No fading out or disappearing, it really works so well under foundation. Smashbox primer is definitely great to use during the winter months as well. My skin can become dry during cold weather, so I do count on Smashbox Primer to help keep my skin soft and subtle. So thankful to have finally found a beauty product that I can count on to do what it says it will!

• primadonna36 By  primadonna36
    10.26.11

I love this primer. I think it's definitely the cadillac of primers. It goes on smoothly, quickly, and easily. And your foundation goes on the same way. I find myself using less foundation and because of the easy application, your skin is treated much more gently.

• smartin By  smartin
    10.26.11

This is a wonderful primer, it does help my makeup go on smoothly. I gave it 4 stars only because of the price.

• pinkadidas178 By  pinkadidas178
    09.28.11

Good for smoothing out skin and perfecting skin so that foundation will sit better on the face. It's a little pricey but works wonders.

• allmystuff By  allmystuff
    09.23.11

If you have sensitive, acne-prone skin, don't buy this! Instead, try the Photo Finish Light! Lots of gals get acne from the original Photo Finish, don't spend a week trying to undo the damage like I had to! The original Photo Finish is a gel; the Photo Finish Light is more like a lotion. The Light will also control oil shine-through a bit better than the original Photo Finish

• babybs By  babybs
    09.17.11

Being in my 50's I've tried a lot of products and this one is a winner. It smooths out my pours so my foundation doesn't cake. I also use it on my eyelids as a shadow primer and it works great. I agree with another reviewer who mentioned purchasing the tube instead of the pump. The pump does become rather difficult to get product out of when the primer is near empty.

• jayelem09 By  jayelem09
    02.13.11

I really like this product, it makes my skin look and feel soft. I've tried many different primers and this is my fave.

• KNP721 By  KNP721
    02.12.11

I love this primer. I thought my foundation looked okay before, but now it looks even better. The primer feels a little greasy in your hands, but I didn't have any issues with my skin breaking out from it. I especially like to use it when my skin is already broken out, it really helps my foundation glide evenly over my blemishes and helps me cover them better. If I don't feel like putting all my make-up on, I'll put the Smashbox primer on and some powder and feel like my skin still looks good enough. Worth a try. You can get a small sized version of this at Ulta if you don't want to buy the full-sized before you try it.

• JessB530 By  JessB530
    02.09.11

The first couple times I tried this I hated it. Made my face feel greasy. But now I love it. I think it has to do w/ the products used in conjunction w/ it.

• Outgoing1 By  Outgoing1
    12.04.10

I noticed the first person only gave this one star too. I bought this in the "lite" formula and it didn't do a thing. Returned this to ULTA and was disappointed since I had heard so much about it.