Kathryn Stockett The Help | SheSpeaks

• trippingtiffies trippingtiffies
    10.29.13

Such a wonderful book. It really tugs at the heartstrings. If you've seen the movie but not read the book, I recommend you do so now. It really helps put the movie in perspective.

• Shannontish By  Shannontish
    12.28.10

I just finished this last night! I fell in love with the characters and the writing style! I love when an author can write so well, that you become part of the story and make you want to just reach out and touch the characters!

• Sweet_Tea By  Sweet_Tea
    12.18.10

A wonderful book. I loved the characters and became deeply involved in their stories almost immediately. There is a reason why this book has been on the best sellers list FOREVER.....it is a great book that appeals to almost anyone who reads it.

• yogachic By  yogachic
    12.05.10

Wow, I REALLY loved this book. I fell in love with the characters. It opened my eyes to what life must have been like in the 60's. This book was so educational that I feel it should be on high school required reading lists. I gave it to my daughter and she enjoyed it too. I can't wait to see the movie!!!

• Traybay By  Traybay
    11.15.10

I did not want to read this book. Three different clients brought it in for me to read. I passed the books onto other clients. I work in a salon and it's all anyone could talk about. Eventually, I broke down and read it one day when I was home sick. I do mean, one day! Now, I'm a fast reader, but that was crazy fast. I could not put it down. I got sucked in by the fabulous character development but the story, WOW! I did not want it to end. I am looking forward to the movie but I hope they don't change it around and ruin it.

• BostonSox By  BostonSox
    09.02.10

I didn't want this story to end, I could have continued with the characters long after the last page. Stockett does an exceptional job bringing the reader into the lives of women in the early 1960s in Mississippi. Highly, highly recommend this one!

• gjersey By  gjersey
    08.16.10

A bit of a departure for me, since I don't read a lot of historical fiction, but "The Help" reeled me in from the start. Kathryn Stockett's ability to take the reader back to 1960's Jackson, Mississippi is impressive, as is her skill at writing in dialect. The book does a wonderful job offering a fresh perspective on the civil rights movement.

• aldianeh By  aldianeh
    08.16.10

I agree that this book was a good read. it was not only historical and had a social conscious but the characters were fun and relatable. I enjoyed it.

• jennymac9 By  jennymac9
    08.16.10

This was one of the best books I've read this year. I read two three books a week and I have already went back and read this again

• winski2001 By  winski2001
    08.16.10

This is a wonderful book. I am a nanny so the subject was of interest to me. It amazes me how the wealthy work. Of course this is fiction but it is set in a time period that I have not experienced. The women in this book are brave. I enjoyed this book. I have recommened this book to many of my friends.

• jashia By  jashia
    08.03.10

Really enjoyed reading this book this summer. This book gave me a huge perspective of these times. I have already told my best friend she needs to read this book!