Elizabeth Gilbert Eat, Pray, Love:  One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia

Elizabeth Gilbert Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia

2.9
              Rated #440 in Books
49 Reviews 2.9/5 stars

I am actually shocked at all the bad reviews of this book. I found it very insightful and enjoyed reading it. It just goes to show - what is good to some is (obviously) not good to others. I loved this book.

Enjoyed it from cover to cover - Really makes you think....

This book was fun! I enjoyed it and finsihed it. didn't even see the movie!

I really liked this book, i read it before watching the movie, it made the movie boring in comparison to the book. I truely enjoyed reading it, the pray part was the best. What also makes it a real good read is that it is real , on someones(elizabeth Gilbert) true experience, I also enjoyed her "commited" book its the follow up.

This is one of the best books I have ever read, one of my favorites! It really makes you re-examine your life, not to the extreme she did. But to try to have a devotion to something and Liz does!

Loved this book! Character Main protagonist developed and had significant changes throughout. Also found the plot appealing. Must confess I think the movie ruined it.

What a great read!! I found myself being transported to each location in the book, while devouring every word of it. This is such a fantastic book for anyone to read. Especially women who have been through a divorce. Elizabeth Gilbert really shows readers that there is life after divorce, but you have to be willing to go and find it.

I loved this book. I listened to the audio book which Elizabeth Gilbert narroted and that might have made the difference. She is telling a story from her view point. Why is she selfish? I hear others say that about her. It is so much wiser to get out of unhappy marriage then to continue pretending or to have children when your heart is really somewhere else.

I absolutely loved this book. I enjoy a good back that I can relate to the world around me as well as one that can keep me hooked - even through rough sections of the story. This book did it all. I would recommend this for a good beach read!

I really enjoyed the story and the point of view of this book. It is actually inspiring to me even though I haven't been through all of her struggles, I still related to her. I found myself hoping to help and wanting to hug her.

I love this book. I absolutely hated the movie though. I thought the that the author was doing something that I would love to have the opportunity to do but could never afford to do.

i think this book is not for everyone. i really enjoyed the story of personal travel and finding yourself when you don't expect to.

i liked this book and the movie but the movie was better since it showed bali and the yoga retreat where elizabeth met the cool guy from texas.

I really enjoyed this book. It was an easy read that takes you along with the story of her personal journey and rediscovering herself. By knowing herself better she opened up again to the next things in life, like loving again.

I really enjoyed this book and i did like the book better than the movie but i always do :) Its a great journey.I wish i were able to give that gift of time to myself!