Tripp NYC Bondage Pants Review | SheSpeaks

• Doffhaus89 By  Doffhaus89
    07.03.15

I definitely wore these in school years ago. Thankfully this trend died out. If it's still around I'm unaware of it.

• jrey27 By  jrey27
    08.13.14

Are we seriously reviewing this item??? Come on these are gross!! Just No, a thousand times no!!!

• JuliaNicole By  JuliaNicole
    06.07.13

Ummmm...just no. This is not a good look for most people out there.

• freeman725 By  freeman725
    05.08.13

If I could give a negative amount of stars on this product, I would. For $85 on bewild.com, I'd expect a little higher quality product. I bought the baggy cammo ones. Three pairs to be exact. They look awesome don't get me wrong. Three days into owning them, the buttons snapped off and weren't reusable because the plastic itself broke, not the stitching. I bought them around the beginning of spring and mainly wore them as shorts. After about four times in the washer, the color faded considerably, leaving me with faded shorts and like new pant legs. about 2 month into owning them, the zippers on them started coming apart, which was an easy fix because I just took a pair of pliers and clamped them down tighter. But the zippers themselves eventually just broke in half because of corrosion from sweat and the fact that the metal they're made out of is about as thick as tin foil. This forced me to have to sew the zippers shut. The miscellaneous straps and what not that are sewn to them began to rip off because it seems like they're only stitched once or twice at the most. So, little mundane things like catching them on something or simply running them through the washer will eventually tear all the cool looking straps off. So, to make a long story short, these pants are ridiculously overpriced garbage. If you're looking for old school wide leg pants, go with kikwear. I have about 5 pairs of kikwear jeans that I've worn for about 4 years now and they still pretty much look new.

• Paperdoll13 By  Paperdoll13
    11.22.12

I didn't buy these at hottopic. I found a pair at the thrift store. I love them but they to long on me. And it's not for thugs like most people think.

• Leezaweeza By  Leezaweeza
    07.03.10

First of all, I have owned a pair of these for three and a half years and they are just now starting to fall apart and I literally wear them every other day. They are extremely comfortable. But to the person before who said you can't wear them to school; you can detach all the chains and then they can be worn to school. I'm a girl and I have been wearing these pants since middle school and I'm not at all a trouble maker. I get straight A's, I dont do any drugs (which, quite sadly Is rare for teens inthe suburbs) and I don't get into trouble. Thoes of you saying that people that wear these pants are/look like trouble makers seem very judgemantal and stereotype people. If you want to wear them or not is your decision but don't judge. In the beginning when I got my first pair in seventh grade the teachers looked at me weird for a week or two but they got used to it. I was the only person in the middle school, and now the high school with these pants. Teachers should know that they can't judge kids by what they look like so that shouldn't be a problem. Some of my teachers from then still email and talk to me. I do agree though that now since there are hot topic stores everywear there are a lot of teens that wear them because they want to be "cool and rebellious". This bugs me because I have been wearing them for ages and now there's kids everywear that think they're all that.

• MarieVonLove By  MarieVonLove
    08.06.09

As much as I love the Tripp brand, I hate these pants. They scream MallGoth, overpriced and I can easily make them myself.

• vcbubbles By  vcbubbles
    03.24.09

kids at our school cant even wear things like this to school.. i personally wouldnt pay 60 dol. for pants that look like that. in style or not

• missie_dee2003 By  missie_dee2003
    03.24.09

no no no not very becoming for a child to look like a thug, if a kid wears these sort of cloths to school around my home town, he would be singled out as a trouble maker.

• beth0521 By  beth0521
    03.05.09

T

• hadesgirl By  hadesgirl
    03.05.09

I have a a few of these pants, their comfy and i never need a purse when i wear a pair.

• mg1225 By  mg1225
    03.02.09

Looks sloppy. The chains also get caught in chairs, etc.a nd aren't very sanitary because they are always dragging!

• fenwoman By  fenwoman

like just plain pants

• Pinkmomma By  Pinkmomma
    03.02.09

No one should wear pants with chains on them. Remember, many of our ancestors fought to not have to wear chains. These pants only reveal a low self-esteem. Also, as a former high school teacher and a tax payer, pants with chains on them are only more rough on school furniture than necessary. These pants also may not pass the school dress code. Just say no to pants with chains as well as pants that sag and show underpants!

• xntexas By  xntexas
    02.28.09

To pay that much for a pair of pants is way to much for a child. Some parents don't even pay that much for their own pants, let alone a child. My oldest wore them when it was the fad in his teens, but then he worked and bought his own. He did outgrow that fashion thankfully.