St Martin s Press Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris | SheSpeaks

• BrokenTeepee BrokenTeepee
    08.03.16

Behind Closed Doors

My full review is too long to fit in the confines of the characters allowed here. It can be read at http://brokenteepee.com/behind-closed-doors-by-b-a-paris-book-review/ Here is a snippet: And it is a whopper of a tale. One that will keep you looking over your shoulder and wondering about the nature of relationships. I am sure it would be, in some ways, even worse on a second read. It might be worth one as I went through it so quickly because I just wanted to know what was going to happen! 4.5 I received a free copy for my honest review

• gigi62 By  gigi62     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.31.19

A Page turner

This is a true psychological thriller. Grace thinks she has meet and married the perfect man in Jack but soon realizes that she did not. At first I was not a fan of how the book flipped between the past and present. But I soon realized that was what was making the book good. We got to know the both Grace and Jack. I could not stop turning pages and could not put this book now. I do not want to give anymore of the book away.I received a ARC of this.

• Hgmbtrflys By  Hgmbtrflys
    02.28.19

Ohmagoodness 🥰

I got this from our local library. It's been a while but I still remember vividly loving this, while simultaneously hating it (for all the right reasons). Very suspenseful, which I love and it shows a level of strength that only a woman can display when she loves something so much. Ultimately becoming even stronger with the choices she makes. A very good read!

• keweninja By  keweninja
    09.23.16

Worth every minute!

Captivating! I read this book in one day and I could not stop reading it! I felt myself anxiously waiting to see what happened. So anxious, I contemplated skipping a few chapters, but I didn't. Great ending! I have been looking for a great thriller, and although very horrific in circumstance, I enjoyed every minute of it! I even read the book with my boyfriend and he loved it as well!

• kcaise By  kcaise     SheSpeaks Tester
    09.05.16

Very intriguing plot and characters - you gotta check it out!

This books captures your interest from the minute you start reading. The characters are intriguing and the plot is suspenseful. This book is an easy and quick read. I really liked the way the book reverts from past and present allowing the reader insight into how things have gone so wrong for the main character. Don't miss this fun and exciting book!

• r23monique By  r23monique
    08.30.16

Suspense-filled Secrecy

This book had me intrigued through the 1st chapter! As you go on to read you ask yourself, how can this couple be so perfect? Then the suspense and curiosity of what is next keeps you reading and reading...A definite must read! Grace is such a heroic character, but it also shows you how important support is!

• cece03 By  cece03
    08.22.16

A suspenseful thriller that keeps you wanting more

I really enjoyed this book ! Jack and Grace seem like the ideal couple. He is a attractive lawyer, she is his beautiful & charming stay-at-home wife who also is a caregiver to her special needs sister Millie. They live in a beautiful home, his law career is thriving, she hosts elegant dinner parties and is a loving & supportive wife and sister. Their life seems perfect. They seem to have it all. The characters of Jack, Grace and Millie are captivating and immediately draw you in. The storyline is intriguing and suspenseful. This is definitely a page turner that keeps you wanting to know more while keeping you on the edge of your seat. What seemingly looks like the perfect life, the perfect marriage is actually something that is dark & sinister once you get a deeper look in to their lives. You never know what goes on behind closed doors. If you like reading chilling suspenseful thrillers that draw in you page after page I definitely recommend picking up this book.

• MermaidGlitter By  MermaidGlitter
    08.19.16

A woman's intuition and a sister...

Reading the reviews by women saying this story is unbelievable is clearly a woman who has not gone through atleast half of the torment that Grace had to go through in the book. While reading this book- I couldn't help but compare Grace to myself and Jack to my ex-husband. My marriage was controlling and a living hell. The thoughts that Grace had were some of the same thoughts I had until I finally found a way out and took it. Unfortunately for Grace, she had no way out. Grace's relationship with her sister is beautiful also. This book was slow to start- but once it got going, I couldn't put it down. Finished it in 2 days.

• jdbaby1233 By  jdbaby1233
    08.19.16

You never know what's Behind Closed Doors...

The only words I can think to describe this book are dark, chilling, and terrifying. Not in a scary movie kind of way, but in a "this could be happening to anyone I know at any time" kind of way. Grace and Jack seem like the epitome of perfection. They are a wealthy, good looking, personable couple. However, not everything is as it seems. It's a harrowing reminder to remember that in our own daily lives. Grace's younger sister Millie, who has Down syndrome, is an integral part of the book as well. I too have a sister with Down syndrome, and found Millie's character very nicely written. I am a big fan of this book and will be recommending it to others. (I received this book for free from SheSpeaks).

• JackieMoon By  JackieMoon
    08.18.16

Great book keeps you pulled in.

I enjoyed reading this book. I just wanted to keep reading it. It's very intense and has you guessing everything! Gripping storyline that keeps in pulled in. I received a free copy to read and review.

• lorri1956 By  lorri1956
    08.18.16

Behind Close Doors a real page turner

I received free copy of Behind Closed Doors from SheSpeaks program to a honest and unbiased review. Seems like a love story when starts out, but all is not what it seems. What goes on #BehindClpsedDoors tells a very different story indeed. A real page turner. Suspenseful and keep me on the edge of my sit up to end. I am an avid reader and when I really enjoy a book, I will read it pretty much in one sitting. Well I had to take a few breaks, just to absorb what I had read, but this was a great book. I highly recommend it.