Moneyball Movie Review | SheSpeaks

• maddogscuba21 By  maddogscuba21
    01.13.16

I am a huge sports fan and love almost all movies that deal with sports as a main theme. This movie was very interesting to me because unlike any other sports movie it dealt with the math and science side of the sport. Most sports movies that you will watch will have a big speech that motivates the team to go out and make a run for the championship, but this film showed you the hard work and knowledge that is used to make logical and scientific decisions as to who to play at what position and in what scenario. I would certainly recommend this movie to my friends and family!

• ShaelaNeal By  ShaelaNeal
    12.07.15

I'm not a fan of baseball, but this movie was great! It was very interesting to see how one man can make such a change and succeed

• newhope14 By  newhope14
    08.24.15

Not into baseball but this was a good movie and interesting on how the baseball job works behind the scenes.

• lilbluetreefrog By  lilbluetreefrog
    07.09.15

Movie was intellectual and fun look into baseball, as well as drafting. Great for sports fans, and not so sports fans, though can be a little slow at times.

• earthlinganimal By  earthlinganimal
    02.26.12

Great movie. I had heard some of the book when my husband was listening to it, and lets just say I lobbied for radio control very quickly. But the dialogue in the movie was fast, easier, and interesting. I am not a baseball person so I didn't follow all the statistical information with gusto, but the story was engaging, funny, and emotional.

• katiedid0801 By  katiedid0801
    02.26.12

I loved this movie, Jonah Hill was great in it. I generally like baseball movies, but this was more than just that. And I loved that it was a true story too!

• kimm888 By  kimm888
    02.26.12

Brad Pitt was good but I expected more from this movie based on reviews.

• vintagepurple By  vintagepurple
    02.25.12

see you think its ganna be a bassball movie but then you watch it and its a NERD MOVIE!!! i likes nerds so thats cool, that brad pit trick people in to watching a movie about math :-D but it was a good movie for being about two thing i don't really care about, but i didn't bowl me over

• gloriarr By  gloriarr
    02.23.12

Terrific movie, Brad Pitt was super , interesting to see how baseball drafting has changed.

• hlamagill By  hlamagill
    02.23.12

Moneyball was surprisingly entertaining in more than one way. This movie took you behind the scenes but also inside the mind and life of a talented player who made a life choice, and ultimately spent the rest of his life debating his choice. Taking a chance and following his instincts he overcomes his downfall and although landing on top, he still reflects his life choices.

• natpay By  natpay
    02.23.12

I expected more from the movie based on the reviews.

• michellearney By  michellearney

LOVED this movie!!!!

• christel29 By  christel29
    02.22.12

I really enjoyed the movie and the acting. Kept me entertained for the whole movie.

• crazybre By  crazybre
    02.22.12

Even if you aren't a baseball fan this is a great movie. I love memoir and biographies so this was right up my alley. It was interesting and a good story. Not the typical baseball movie.

• elsmarlouamrman By  elsmarlouamrman
    02.22.12

I like Brad Pitt - he generally can deliver in a movie - I think he has gotten a great deal of bad press because of the whole Jennifer A and Jolie thing. Worse things have happened to couples, and yet he still suffers. On the flip side - the movie was good,the subject matter, although sports, still is interesting enough to all. A great parent-child movie!