Mexican Hot Chocolate Cake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
Makes: 12 pieces
Use a plain old boxed cake mix to make a delicious cake that tastes just like Mexican hot chocolate.
dark chocolate cake mix
tub of chocolate icing
1. Mix cake mix in bowl according to package directions.
2. Add a generous portion of Mexican chili powder and cinnamon. This can be adjusted to your liking, I like mine strong and spicy so I use a lot of chili powder.
3. Bake cake according to the directions on the box according to the size pan you will be using.
4. Once the cake is completely cooled, dump the tub of chocolate icing into a bowl. Add Mexican chili powder and cinnamon to taste, and a but of milk to thin the icing (no more than a tablespoon). Use an electric mixer to whip and combine the milk and spices with the icing. Once whipped to a smooth consistency, ice the cooled cake.
5. Dust the top of the iced cake with cinnamon and/or chili powder.
via Tiffany Harkleroad Original
this cake sounds so amazing I want to try it now. and its mexican too. even yummier and better. never heard of it before till now.
other recipes in desserts
Chocolate covered Oreo Cream Cheese balls. YUM!
A taste of berry goodness in every bite!
I had ran across this recipe last Christmas and we fell in love with these cookies. Best served fresh though because as they sit they get soft and somew…