Mexican Hot Chocolate Cake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
Makes: 12 pieces
Use a plain old boxed cake mix to make a delicious cake that tastes just like Mexican hot chocolate.
dark chocolate cake mix
tub of chocolate icing
1. Mix cake mix in bowl according to package directions.
2. Add a generous portion of Mexican chili powder and cinnamon. This can be adjusted to your liking, I like mine strong and spicy so I use a lot of chili powder.
3. Bake cake according to the directions on the box according to the size pan you will be using.
4. Once the cake is completely cooled, dump the tub of chocolate icing into a bowl. Add Mexican chili powder and cinnamon to taste, and a but of milk to thin the icing (no more than a tablespoon). Use an electric mixer to whip and combine the milk and spices with the icing. Once whipped to a smooth consistency, ice the cooled cake.
5. Dust the top of the iced cake with cinnamon and/or chili powder.
via Tiffany Harkleroad Original
other recipes in desserts
This is a yummy recipe for a Japanese inspired Hawaiian traditional dessert. Instead of cake flour we use a rice flour called Mochiko. The results lend a…
The pumpkin cake is a perfect finale to a Halloween dinner or dish to bring to a party. And the best part is it?s actually very easy to make.The pumpkin …
This creamy, sweet salad with crisp apple crunch is a real people-pleaser. It makes a lot, which is good, because it will no last long!!!