Mexican Hot Chocolate Cake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
Makes: 12 pieces
Use a plain old boxed cake mix to make a delicious cake that tastes just like Mexican hot chocolate.
dark chocolate cake mix
tub of chocolate icing
1. Mix cake mix in bowl according to package directions.
2. Add a generous portion of Mexican chili powder and cinnamon. This can be adjusted to your liking, I like mine strong and spicy so I use a lot of chili powder.
3. Bake cake according to the directions on the box according to the size pan you will be using.
4. Once the cake is completely cooled, dump the tub of chocolate icing into a bowl. Add Mexican chili powder and cinnamon to taste, and a but of milk to thin the icing (no more than a tablespoon). Use an electric mixer to whip and combine the milk and spices with the icing. Once whipped to a smooth consistency, ice the cooled cake.
5. Dust the top of the iced cake with cinnamon and/or chili powder.
via Tiffany Harkleroad Original
this cake sounds so amazing I want to try it now. and its mexican too. even yummier and better. never heard of it before till now.
other recipes in desserts
This has always been one of my favorite holiday desserts to make! It's really simple and this recipe makes a lot of servings. I have made this recipe man…
A healthier take on a kid-friendly classic! The panko/almond breading mixture gives the chicken a light yet satisfyingly crunchy texture.
This will teach you how to take a simple biscuit recipe, and turn it into a spectacular and colorful display for parties or no special reason at all.