Merrick Dog Food | SheSpeaks

• orly88 By  orly88
    08.21.13

Definitely one of the most high quality of the super premium foods. A great choice for a skinny dog like mine because the food is so bioavailable. The canned version comes in many interesting flavors. I use them when I'm out of town to make sure my dog eats!

• NJhousewife22 By  NJhousewife22
    04.26.12

We feet this to our black lab puppy and he loves it. I like that you can easily switch between the various flavors of the dry foods without having to worry about digestive issues. The one main downside is the cost and availability. It isn't widely carried in my area and can be expensive if you don't go through an online service.

• aburgstede By  aburgstede
    11.04.10

Merrick dog food is great. The only thing I don't care for is the amount of salt in it. I love the variety of flavors! Our dogs have always enjoyed the food. And the birthday club is a bonus too!

• gopinath By  gopinath
    09.07.10

GOOD

• MrsCrys By  MrsCrys
    09.17.09

Merrick recently changed their dry food and now include little bits that are supposedly vitamin supplements. Well, they must taste horrible because my otherwise non-picky dog refuses to eat it. I had to switch to Evo Innova which is also a quality food. I emailed Merrick about my problem and they have yet to email me back.

• thebutlerdidit By  thebutlerdidit
    07.07.09

I purchased dry Merrick dog food and my dog refused to eat it. I thought it looked really cool, because you can see whole peas, carrot bits, etc. in the food. It's nice being able to identify and recognize what's in your pet's food. Maybe the freeze drying process takes the smell away, and maybe bathing the bits in warm water to get the aromas going would have helped, but I don't normally have to do that to get my dog interested in eating. When I purchased the dry food I received a "picnic basket" free, and inside that were about 6 cans of assorted Merrick dog food. She did love the canned food.

• excelcia69 By  excelcia69
    06.14.09

I breed Papillion pups and would only feed them dry puppy plate from the first bite on! They love the taste and I love the ingredients. Before they have strong teeth I wet it down and slowly move on to dry only! great product.

• julparzia By  julparzia
    03.18.09

this was the only food I bought my dogs. THEY LOVED IT. Unfortunately because of the economy had to go to cheaper food(with a lot of heartache). Now my dogs are overweight

• cavgirl By  cavgirl
    03.13.09

I have used Merrick off and on for the past five years. The first time I tried it was for my fragile rescue pup who was a finicky eater. Canned Puppy Plate(?) usually did the trick. It is like a stew and is very tempting for the dogs. Now I use mostly dry with my dogs - usually Grammy's Pot Pie or Turducken. Remember to register at Merrick.com and they will send you coupons regularly towards future purchases. Great company with excellent customer service!!

• Daniyello By  Daniyello
    02.17.09

I was extremely impressed with the Merrick products I bought. One in particular was a can food that included a whole boneless chicken leg in it. My dogs love it!