LeapFrog LeapPad | SheSpeaks

• AnEverydayJen AnEverydayJen
    05.08.12

My son has the LeapPad and does enjoy it. There is a camera and an option to morph pictures which he loves - nothing like turning mom's picture all topsy turvy! The games are very nice - I try to keep an eye out for sales to help keep the costs down. I do have some issues with the price of both cartridges and downloadable content - It is hard when you can get an iPad app for $1.99 or even free, but a similar app for this is $7 or more. Its not to say they are bad apps, but its just harder to justify the extra cost when I know I can find something as equally suitable for less. I will say this is definitely rough and tumble too - my son has dragged it, dropped it, sat on it and buried it under toys and it is holding its own so that makes me very happy! Even with the price of content I would most likely buy this again.

• constanza By  constanza
    07.27.16

My kids just love it. It is a great source for learning! It's a great motivation for their math and spelling.

• nikianderson85 By  nikianderson85
    05.10.16

Great starter tablet

Both of my daughters--2 and 4--have the LeapPad tablet. We got them as beginner tablets as we have about a 30 minute ride in the car each morning and then again each afternoon and it gives them something to do. The girls love the videos, books and games. They are easy to use and both girls can use them without needing too much help. I do like the one my oldest daughter has better as it has a rechargeable battery pack and our other one just uses AA batteries and they seem to not last as long. The games you will download from the LeapConnect online--they are generally around $3-4 per one, with prices varying depending on what you want. But--the games WILL go on more than one tablet so everything we had on my 4 year old's tablet transferred to my 2 year old's without paying more.

• Sigmaclas By  Sigmaclas
    01.10.16

We got this for my daughter for Christmas and love it! Granted, she is almost 2 and most of the features are above her learning level but she will get there. I love that I can download "apps" or use a cartridge I purchase. It's got a touch screen, which she loves. This is her tablet because everyone else has a tablet so she wanted one too! I can't wait for her to grow into the other features!

• dmp515 By  dmp515
    06.25.15

Leap pads are a great invention to keep little hands busy and off your iPad! Lots of learning games and activities to keep them busy. Comes in different colors if you need to buy for more than one child!

• jadaKiss88 By  jadaKiss88
    03.04.15

Leapfrog is great but this however is awesome We travel a lot and this kepps my toddler occupied and she can learn at the same time!

• embracespectrum By  embracespectrum
    02.28.15

We have used Leapfrog Leappad with both of our kids and they have both loved them. The games are fun and educational and they kids love to play them. Not only that, but the customer service reps are awesome if you have a problem. My son has autism and broke the screen of his Leappad over his head. We contacted the people of Leappad to see how much it would cost to fix the screen and were surprised to find out that they would replace the entire Leappad for FREE the first time. AMAZING. I'm completely in love with this product and this company.

• HSMommyChronicles By  HSMommyChronicles
    11.08.14

My daughter has had a LeapPad2 for a couple years now and for the most part we absolutely love it. Her favorite features are the front and back facing camera and the movies/shows (you have to purchase and download them). I love that all of the characters that are featured she is familiar with and enjoys watching- Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Sesame Street, Bubble Guppies. The tablet itself is very sturdy. My daughter has dropped and even tossed it onto the floor and no harm was done. One thing that I wish was different though, is that the apps are quite pricey compared to apps from google plus store or similar app stores.

• sara321 By  sara321
    06.27.14

My son got the leap pad ultra for his birthday. He likes it but doesn't spend a whole lot of time on it. He prefers to play with my tablet. It does hold his attention long enough to get through wait times at the doctor, waiting for food at a restaurant or short road trips. My 2 year-old daughter thinks it is awesome. Of course, she is still too young to really navigate on her own or understand how to play most of the games we have. Both of my kiddos enjoy the books on the Leap pad.

• gulrukh By  gulrukh
    01.28.14

Very good, we will definitely buy it

• loriejackson24 By  loriejackson24
    05.28.13

I love learning games for kids and the leap pad is a great learning tool for kids :-)