LeapFrog LeapPad Review | SheSpeaks

• constanza By  constanza
    07.27.16

My kids just love it. It is a great source for learning! It's a great motivation for their math and spelling.

• nikianderson85 By  nikianderson85
    05.10.16

Great starter tablet

Both of my daughters--2 and 4--have the LeapPad tablet. We got them as beginner tablets as we have about a 30 minute ride in the car each morning and then again each afternoon and it gives them something to do. The girls love the videos, books and games. They are easy to use and both girls can use them without needing too much help. I do like the one my oldest daughter has better as it has a rechargeable battery pack and our other one just uses AA batteries and they seem to not last as long. The games you will download from the LeapConnect online--they are generally around $3-4 per one, with prices varying depending on what you want. But--the games WILL go on more than one tablet so everything we had on my 4 year old's tablet transferred to my 2 year old's without paying more.

• Sigmaclas By  Sigmaclas
    01.10.16

We got this for my daughter for Christmas and love it! Granted, she is almost 2 and most of the features are above her learning level but she will get there. I love that I can download "apps" or use a cartridge I purchase. It's got a touch screen, which she loves. This is her tablet because everyone else has a tablet so she wanted one too! I can't wait for her to grow into the other features!

• dmp515 By  dmp515
    06.25.15

Leap pads are a great invention to keep little hands busy and off your iPad! Lots of learning games and activities to keep them busy. Comes in different colors if you need to buy for more than one child!

• jadaKiss88 By  jadaKiss88
    03.04.15

Leapfrog is great but this however is awesome We travel a lot and this kepps my toddler occupied and she can learn at the same time!

• embracespectrum By  embracespectrum
    02.28.15

We have used Leapfrog Leappad with both of our kids and they have both loved them. The games are fun and educational and they kids love to play them. Not only that, but the customer service reps are awesome if you have a problem. My son has autism and broke the screen of his Leappad over his head. We contacted the people of Leappad to see how much it would cost to fix the screen and were surprised to find out that they would replace the entire Leappad for FREE the first time. AMAZING. I'm completely in love with this product and this company.

• HSMommyChronicles By  HSMommyChronicles
    11.08.14

My daughter has had a LeapPad2 for a couple years now and for the most part we absolutely love it. Her favorite features are the front and back facing camera and the movies/shows (you have to purchase and download them). I love that all of the characters that are featured she is familiar with and enjoys watching- Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Sesame Street, Bubble Guppies. The tablet itself is very sturdy. My daughter has dropped and even tossed it onto the floor and no harm was done. One thing that I wish was different though, is that the apps are quite pricey compared to apps from google plus store or similar app stores.

• sara321 By  sara321
    06.27.14

My son got the leap pad ultra for his birthday. He likes it but doesn't spend a whole lot of time on it. He prefers to play with my tablet. It does hold his attention long enough to get through wait times at the doctor, waiting for food at a restaurant or short road trips. My 2 year-old daughter thinks it is awesome. Of course, she is still too young to really navigate on her own or understand how to play most of the games we have. Both of my kiddos enjoy the books on the Leap pad.

• gulrukh By  gulrukh
    01.28.14

Very good, we will definitely buy it

• loriejackson24 By  loriejackson24
    05.28.13

I love learning games for kids and the leap pad is a great learning tool for kids :-)

• kitakat08 By  kitakat08
    04.08.13

My son loves this toy. His games work on this and his Leapster Explorer. They have games that feature Dora, Phineas and Ferb, Pixar characters and more. It helps him with math, spelling and even geography. You can even download Jeff Corwin videos about animals and other countries. I recommend this toy to every parent.

• amjama1 By  amjama1
    03.20.13

We love this leap frog. My mom got it for my daughter and she loves it. It was hard getting her to stay away from so much television. We received this in the mail and she cannot put it down. Its really educational too. You can buy educational games and videos for it. I bought the downloaded videos for her that way I just connected it to the computer and purchased it and it downloaded in minutes. So this way I get to pick which videos she watches. I got her some that were more on the educational side. It gives you the option to make profiles on there. She likes to take pictures with it and she can add flowers and stuff to it. Best part is that she thinks its a computer lol. I got some rechargable batteries and she takes it with her everywhere . Very good leap product.

• doe_ma By  doe_ma
    01.30.13

We love the Leappad!! Even my eight year old begs her little brother to use it so she can warp pictures on it. There is only one downfall that I have experienced, the expensive downloads! In thinking about it, after putting just four $25 games on it, it quickly becomes a $200+ unit. I really think that the apps need to be priced more reasonably!!

• michelemj By  michelemj
    12.06.12

My son just received a Leap pad 2 for his birthday. He loves it! I also find it fun playing some of the games. I have not been disappointed by any Leapfrog products. We also love the Scout doll, Scout reader, nighttime book, etc.

• Paperdoll13 By  Paperdoll13
    11.23.12

Got this for my son, at first he gets mad cuz he didn't know what to do lol but later he caught on