Kathryn Stockett The Help Review | SheSpeaks

• jackieo82 By  jackieo82
    08.10.16

Fast Read

This is one of my favorite books. It's such a quick read, you are so engaged in the characters that you don't want to put the book down. I did feel like the ending was a little rushed but I think they might have told the author that she had to keep a page limit. I could have read another 300 pages of her writing easily.

• shimonmadelyn By  shimonmadelyn
    08.18.15

I enjoyed the novel very much. The plot is very interesting and highly recommend the book to people who don't mind drama and emotion.

• kfr1027 By  kfr1027
    04.30.15

Great book! My only complaint is that the characters are very black and white- either all good or all bad. Which makes it a little less believable because no one is that way! But otherwise, gripping story and great historical fiction.

• Betsymc1502 By  Betsymc1502
    12.15.14

Just got my best friend to read the book even though she had already watched the movies and she LOVED it!! It is such a great book!

• andreazachmecom By  andreazachmecom
    12.14.14

Great book

• christie177 By  christie177
    12.12.14

Really good book, and great depth to the characters.

• Vetchick831 By  Vetchick831
    11.22.14

I love reading this book, I might have to read it again!

• AquaSurf00 By  AquaSurf00
    11.20.14

This book is fantastic. It's an easy read and it will keep you entertained!

• bookmiester By  bookmiester
    09.06.14

This movie was as good as the reviews said it was. I rarely rent or buy a movie but I couldn't wait for this one to come to tv so I bought it. It was well worth it. It was serious and thought provoking yet funny where it needed to be. A must see.

• tknerrer By  tknerrer
    06.11.14

Fantastic storyline that stirred a spectrum of emotions.

• shinebright By  shinebright
    03.20.14

Very good. Even my teenage daughter loved it!

• rebeccalusk By  rebeccalusk
    02.18.14

i loved the movie really good

• Alissagal By  Alissagal
    02.12.14

Really good read that made a recent plane trip go very quickly. The characters were really well-written and believable. A nice mix of humor and heart-break.

• Chelseaecardwell By  Chelseaecardwell
    10.31.13

I heard about the movie, but wanted to read the book first. Of course, of course the book was better and the movie left out so much! It has to be a good read to keep me interested. This book was wonderful! It brought me into the world of the era and made me feel as if I was there. I had many a laugh and shock at some of actions of the characters. It's a wonderful book, but it can cause a tear here and there! The author gives such visionary detail that you can picture the scene easily. This is one of my favorites.

• trippingtiffies By  trippingtiffies
    10.29.13

Such a wonderful book. It really tugs at the heartstrings. If you've seen the movie but not read the book, I recommend you do so now. It really helps put the movie in perspective.