Julie & Julia Movie Review | SheSpeaks

• Redpanda27 By  Redpanda27
    05.12.14

I LOVE this movie. The first time I watched it I was entranced with delight. i love to bake, so when I'm in the kitchen I put on this movie and feel just like Julia Child. She helps me remember that I don't have to be perfect at cooking or baking, but with a big enough desire to succeed you will. I fall in love with the food shots and culinary adventures. I love that a blogger took on the creative task of completing ever recipe in Julia's cookbook, which turned into major exposure and fame.

• Southernmotherky2 By  Southernmotherky2
    04.12.14

I found this movie to be a bit boring. It follows a woman trying to make Julia Child's recipes and Juila Child's early life. It was well written but I guess just not my cup of tea.

• caligirl4ever By  caligirl4ever
    11.18.13

Cute movie!

• gwanita By  gwanita
    12.16.12

just loved it made me want to cook everything

• Brooke1212 By  Brooke1212
    10.11.12

Great Movie

• denloew By  denloew
    03.07.12

We just watched this movie again the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it again. I really didn't know too much about Julia Child so I liked learning more about her. I liked her joy of life and I liked the fact that this was based on two true stories. They intertwined them really well.

• candlewoman By  candlewoman
    02.22.12

I thought this movie had some really cute little "real" moments that we could all relate to. I admit that I'm a Food Network junkie of sorts so this was a movie that I enjoyed.

• amarsi1984 By  amarsi1984
    02.22.12

A fun and enjoyable movie that Alot of us can relate to . The love for cooking abd creating. I love the trasnsission btwn the timelines . It's a really enjoyable movie.

• spcowlvr By  spcowlvr
    02.22.12

I loved this movie it told me so much about Julia we never really knew.

• unoblue By  unoblue
    02.22.12

I love this movie. I love Meryl Streep as Julia Child, I love the Julia and Paul love story and romance. This is a feel good movie that is not so girly that you have to be ashamed to watch it. My husband likes this movie too because he loves food and cooking!

• Stef67 By  Stef67
    05.30.11

I thoroughly enjoyed one half of the movie, and really disliked the other half. Meryl Streep was marvelous, and Julie Child is effervescent, human, and spirited. Julia, however, is constantly whining and griping her way through the film. The best part is that it inspired me to pick up the real Julia Child's book, My Life in France, which was a total pleasure.

• lvknisley By  lvknisley
    05.12.11

Really good Chick Flick.....my husband couldnt make it through. I really love cooking so this movie was right up my alley and Amy Adams is a sweet heart!

• mscupcakegirl By  mscupcakegirl
    04.11.11

Great movie, I really enjoyed it. Meryl Streep did a great job portraying Julia Child.

• faithfuljoy By  faithfuljoy
    02.03.11

Good movie! Liked it a lot. However.......... It Has the "F***" word in it and speaks of Hot Cannoli being like a "Hot Cock in your hand" and a few other things, so I would NOT recommend it for children to see. But it's based on two true stories, and it was a good movie.

• kgoldmith1023 By  kgoldmith1023
    07.22.10

I really loved this movie, I am not sure what it was about it but I felt connected to the charcters, I really enoyed it!