John Frieda Frizz Ease Hair Serum | SheSpeaks

• MasterofMom MasterofMom
    03.12.14

I used to use this all the time, but I have discovered that several different serums work better on my hair and are significantly less-expensive. It gives the hair a shine, but it is a weighty sort of shine. I had to use a lot of it to get it to actually tame my frizz and it made my hair look greasy by the end of the day.

• JustMissAsh By  JustMissAsh
    02.25.15

This works great. Smooths my hair without leaving it greasy. It looks shiny after using. The consistency is right.

• susan435 By  susan435
    09.02.14

Excellent for adding shine and reducing frizz. Be sure to use a tiny amount. One bottle lasts me years. I have thick hair that frizzes easily.

• thatgalrebecca By  thatgalrebecca
    08.29.14

Smells great and really tames my frizz.

• Laura1 By  Laura1
    08.28.14

I received a sample of the serum and it did help with the little bit of frizz that I have. It's mostly underneath all my thick hair. I also thought the smell was nice and fresh. I didn't really have to use a lot to get the desired result. It leaves a nice shine, not greasy looking!

• MasterofMom By  MasterofMom
    03.12.14

• Sjbutterfie By  Sjbutterfie
    01.27.13

I have used John Frieda hair serum way back 2 or 3 bottle design changes ago and I've used it ever since. It feels really great and slick into my hair - almost like my hair just sucks in the serum. Overly applying can cause you to look like a grease ball so be for-warned, but I use about a dime size amount through my ends and it tames my fly aways and my hair stays frizz free all day unless were talking 100 degree temps.

• freestuffjanedoe By  freestuffjanedoe
    01.26.13

It doesnt really do much. It just forms a buildup.

• elladams By  elladams
    06.29.12

This stuff is amazing for thick, sometimes-curly hair residing in humid climates. I joke that I can predict the weather just based on my hair. This serum takes the meteorologist out of my hair! It only takes a few drops and works wonders.

• danbybeth By  danbybeth
    06.23.12

My husband and I use this line's shampoo and conditioner 95% of the time (more on that 5% below). I previously struggled with flyaways, but this product keeps them nicely in check. When I go to the salon and they use another shampoo on me, I can tell immediately -- I have little pieces of hair making an enthusiastic run for the heavens. I have never had much luck with the serum, but perhaps my hair is too fine for any sort of post-shampoo treatment. My only niggle with this product is that it does tend to build up over time. When that happens, I simply switch to a clarifying shampoo for a day or two and all is right in my follicular world again.

• jdrattelade By  jdrattelade
    12.19.11

The serum smooths unruly hair down to a degree. The shine it leaves isn't what I would call glossy, but more of a dull shine. My hair type consists of straight fine hair shafts. This product may be better suited for coarse and/or curly hair types.