Jen Lancaster Such a Pretty Fat Review | SheSpeaks

• Kenya820 By  Kenya820
    10.10.11

Jen Lancaster is by far my favorite author. She is hysterically funny! This book made me laugh out loud. I also highly recommend her other books. My favorite one being Bitter is the New Black.

• blennon By  blennon
    01.20.11

I had a really hard time reading Jen Lancaster's books. She is completely self-absorbed and a wee bit delusional. I was amazed at how many books she's talked publishers into buying.

• akell102 By  akell102
    11.08.10

I adore Jen Lancaster! She has such a funny, witty way of writing. Her books always make me laugh out loud! I re-read each book again and again until she releases a new one!

• thedomestichick By  thedomestichick
    08.23.10

I absolutely loved this book. I also read Bright Lights, Big Ass, and loved it too. I couldn't believe it when I saw this had recent reviews - I was so excited! She is a great author, and I can't wait to get my hands on her latest. I also read her blog at jennsylvania.com. Excellent reading all around.

• Scrap-n-mom By  Scrap-n-mom
    07.27.10

I really like Jen Lancaster. She's very honest and funny - I laughed my way through this book and her first book "Bitter is the New Black." Her style may be offensive to some, but I'm o.k. with it. I read through this book in about a day - very quick read as she's so funny. As an overweight person, I found her right on target with issues of losing weight. I want to go out and get in shape now and lose weight, (I don't think this book is meant to be motivational, just her hilarious account of her battle of the bulge) but I found myself relating so much to her, I feel like could finally get this weight off!!

• MommaCole By  MommaCole
    07.27.10

I love this book. It was just what I needed after a day of cleaning and babysitting. A wonderful way to relax.

• Monibdiva By  Monibdiva
    07.27.10

sounds good I will have to pick up this book

• Parrothead By  Parrothead
    07.27.10

Took this to the beach -- a great, quick read that will make you laugh.

• mitbrooks By  mitbrooks
    07.25.10

Jen Lancaster is hilarious. This is a great book to read if you are currently dieting or have ever struggled w/ dieting. She truly tells it like it is....dieting sucks. Reading this book is like sitting down to a long day of "catching up" w/ an old friend - it is just comfortable. If you like to laugh - and everyone does - then this is a MUST read.

• susanvub By  susanvub
    07.09.09

I read Bitter Is the New Black and laughed out loud (in public) throughout most of it. The author is so funny and easy to relate to. I can't wait to get my hands on her other books. Too bad I have a stack of books waiting for me, or I would get these right away!

• swampfox28 By  swampfox28
    03.06.09

This is not Jen Lancaster's first book, but it is the first that I've read. I picked it up in a bookstore and couldn't bring myself to put it back on the shelf - I had to get it! This book is not gentle; Jen tells you what she really thinks/feels about everything. She does not apologize for her opinions (which are strong, but VERY funny!) and she has a positive self-image that many fashion models would envy. There were scenes in the book that literally had me laughing out loud and running to share with friends and loved ones. Is it a book aimed towards women? Yes. Is it a little frank? VERY. Is it a little "tell it like it is, no holds barred?" You betcha. Some people said she was "too mean". I disagree. The author IS who she is and puts on no airs. While I wouldn't read it to my 12 year old (and might not read more than exerpts to my mom), for a "share with your girlfriends and laugh out loud" type of book, this book really scores with me!