Makes: 36 shapes
These are Jello (TM) Jigglers made in a little larger pan so they are not as thick, then cut into Christmas shapes using mini-cookie cutters and serve on a white plate for a colorful holiday display. I use lemon-flavored gelatin and cut out yellow stars. Use any red gelatin and cut out poinsettias and lime gelatin for little Christmas trees. I always use sugar-free gelatin so that my diabetic son can gobble these up guilt-free!
3 3/4 cups
boiling water, divided
3 oz. packages of regular or sugar-free gelatin (two of EACH - red, yellow, and green flavors)
1. In a medium bowl, add 1 1/4 cups of boiling water to two 3 oz. packages of same-flavored gelatin (i.e., two boxes of lemon gelatin).
2. Stir until completely dissolved (around three minutes).
3. Pour into an 8" x 8" pan.
4. Refrigerate two to three hours or until firm.
5. Meanwhile, make the recipe two more times using the other colors of gelatin.
6. Using small holiday cookie cutters, cut gelatin into holiday-appropriate shapes (little green pine trees from the lime gelatin, red flowers from the berry gelatin, and yellow stars from the lemon gelatin), lifting them out of the pan using a small metal spatula.
7. Place a variety of colored holiday blox on a white plate and serve.
These do not need immediate refrigeration as they will last sitting out on a buffet table for several hours without melting.