I love going apple picking in the fall. It allows me to spend plenty of time in the sunshine and crisp fall air, either alone or with family and friends, and I come home with plenty of delicious fruit. Most orchards only charge you for the cost of the apples you pick, making this a very affordable weekend outing. Plus, you can usually get a cup of fresh cider or a warm cider doughnut when you’re done. Just think of it as a reward (a very delicious reward) for all of your hard apple-picking work.
Not sure what to do with all those apples once you get home? No worries, I and other food bloggers have plenty of suggestions for you!
First up, the sweet recipes. The apple pies, breads and cakes. Next time, we’ll look at the savory applications.
- Apple Butter from Savvy Eats
- Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake from Savory Sweet Life
- Apple Hand Pies from Brown Eyed Baker
- Apple Pie Breakfast Cakes from How Sweet It Is
- Apple Tarte Tartin from Joy the Baker
- Apple Walnut Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes from Can You Stay For Dinner?
- Banana Apple Cardamom Cake with Cardamom Icing from Food Blogga
- Baked German Apple Pancake from Cookin’ Canuck
- Caramel Apple Oatmeal Cobbler from Created by Diane
- Caramel Apple & Pecan Muffins from Blue-Eyed Bakers
- Gingerbread Apple Upside-Down Cake from Smitten Kitchen
- Homemade Nutella, Apple and Almond Pop Tarts
- Inside-Out Apple Crisp from My Baking Addiction
- Maple Bacon and Apple Baked French Toast from Kitchen Runway
Stay tuned for Part 2, where we'll talk about savory apple recipes!
What's your favorite sweet apple recipe?