Blizzard World of Warcraft | SheSpeaks

• Alindra13 By  Alindra13
    03.08.17

My parents and siblings all play world of Warcraft. We have been playing since beta testing came out for the original (pre expansions) and we still play. Not only is it a great way to spend time as a family raiding, doing dungeons and pvping but you can also play alone and meet several great people who play in game. The expansion packs make it so there is always something to do in the game. If you prefer to PvP there are severs dedicated for player vs player play, as well as pve and role playing servers. All around a great game, can be extremely addictive!

• debsmad By  debsmad
    04.05.12

My family (me, hubby, two sons) started playing WoW almost six years ago and were instantly addicted. It didn't last very long for me though because I find 99% of the people to be rude, bossy, impatient. Everyone assumes and expects everyone else to be a master and know every last bit there is to know about the game. That does not leave much for the more casual player (like me) who would prefer to gather and craft and do more solo-type things. If you're not PvPing or raiding or in large bossy groups doing instances, it takes a long time to level up and raise your skills and that becomes frustrating.

• Hiiyooitscat By  Hiiyooitscat
    03.03.12

I use to play this all the time!.. With my ex bf and our friends. It can be addicting when you play. I love games like these. Where you can level up, meet new people and play with the people you do know in real life. When i played i believe the highest level was 70 then 80.. and ive heard that it has gotten higher.. now that my brother and his friends play it. Ive met a few people on here that i still keep in touch with people that i met in the game even though i quit =).. There will be people that annoy you but there will also be people that you catch yourself constantly talking to. I think its a fun and great way to get away..

• ampjorgensen By  ampjorgensen
    04.01.11

This game can be very addictive, but it is tons of fun if you follow their advice on the game tips "Play in moderation" My hubby and I play after the kids are in bed. :) There is a cost to them adding all the stuff though. There can be glitches and strange things. Its nice to play with friends and family from around the country thought. Not only can you play, but talk. There are also a variety of avenues you can take your "toon" on. You can do player vs. player, player vs. environment and you can do raids and battlegrounds... Or a combination. I have met amazing people while playing the game from many different ages ranging from (most often) 12-65. I think its a great way to bring people together and unite people that normally wouldn't spend time together in the real world. Though I think this game is great the factor of it being SO addictive and the factor of the glitches and lack of customer service at times (Lets just say opening a ticket and for EVERY problem they suggest you delete your WTF file) just isn't sufficient. Endless hours of playtime :)

• winglesssmith By  winglesssmith
    01.19.11

This is a wonderful game. It's very fun. You can play on your own, with people you know, or join random people. You can do quests or do dungeons/heroics/raids (hard to do on your own areas) to level yourself up or for fun. There are even a few places you can attack other people on the enemies side (real players, not computers and certain servers have it like this through the whole game). It all depends on what you like. They have little things on the side like Professions (blacksmith, leather maker, mining ect). They have achievements that are goals you can work towards getting. As you level up you get new spells/attacks almost every other level. Then when you don't get one you Usually get what is called a talent point, these help your attack/spells be better or can even give you a new power to use. There are a couple of races and classes so it for sure won't be hard to find one that you'll like. The game is always changing as well so it keeps you on your toes (including holiday stuff). I will agree with the people when they say there are a lot of immature people playing (usually those are kids, usually) and there are other people that take it way too seriously forgetting it's just a game. For the most part you can weed those people out if you are teamed up with them or you can block what people are saying. You can even set it up so it bleeps out cuss words. Anyway, My husband and I both play it and totally love it.

• aesfocus By  aesfocus
    01.13.10

I would have to disagree with the not very social con here. I have friends I have met through the game, that even when I quit, I am still close with. Raid content and how intense it can get can make you really close to people. I also have friends that I met outside of WoW and found that the common link gave us hours of talking points.

• Katria By  Katria
    11.05.09

This game is a wonderful time filler, and more interactive I think than staring and drooling in front of a TV for 5 hours. At least you do interact with real (but pixelized) people, and have to actually think and pay attention to what you are doing, especially if you are raiding or group questing. Sadly I fell under the category of addicted and spent my last couple years of college, playing this game almost every night as soon as I got home from classes (or even skipping classes some days to play). I think what got me was being part of a large progression-based group / "guild". We were raiding the newest and hardest dungeons for 2-4 hours a night. Once I quit raiding I found I didn't have the desire to play so much, and now am able to hop on to 2-3 nights a week and be happy! They aren't kidding when they say it's addicting! Just play with moderation and you will love it :)

• Leisha By  Leisha
    10.03.09

I don't play this game but my husband does. I can testify that it is VERY addicting though and has caused marriage problems for us.

• leeloolilo By  leeloolilo
    09.20.09

This game really sucks you in. The graphics are fantastic with a good card and make it easy to sit in front of the computer for so long. I wish there was a yearly discount price.

• jlynn619 By  jlynn619
    08.15.09

Great Game. VERY ADDICTING.. but for me, i know when not to play and when to. I've met people all ages on this game from 5 to the oldest that i met being 57.