Aveda Naturally Straight | SheSpeaks

• Jessamine41 Jessamine41
    09.26.14

After using the Aveda Smooth Infusion, I came to the following conclusions: 1. The Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight is NOT a solution if you want to straighten your hair without using any hot styling tools. 2. If you prefer to air dry, it helps with the frizz and the wave a bit but doesn't completely eliminate them. 3. It smells good and helps make hair look shinier. 4. It doesn't really save me time with the blow drying and flat ironing BUT it prevented my hair from becoming fluffy mid-day. 5. A tube will last me a long time since I only need a little amount. 6. I achieved a naturally-looking straight hair as opposed to stiff-looking chemically straightened hair from relaxers. 7. I color my hair at home and it was safe to use on my hair. 8. Prevented tangles throughout the day. 9. Made my hair shinier and looked healthier. 10. It protected my hair from being damaged by hot styling tools.

• amyh_lll amyh_lll
    09.30.14

I don't believe this is the product for someone with my hair type; mostly straight with the annoying waves/frizziness that I like to iron out. After using the product 5 times my hair is not as shiny and seems to crease a lot easier. Maybe it is more stiff? My hair has dried faster, but the ironing takes just as long and I need to wash and redo more often. Before, I could iron my hair and for days it would stay straight; well until I washed it again (I could go almost a week). Now when I wake up from sleep my hair seems creased or curled up weird. The shine I had before seems to be less so and the little frizzy pieces don't seem to stay downs as well with ironing anymore. it seems like there is a buildup of some sort? It didn't seem to work for my hair type at all. As soon as my hair is wet again, it will frizz/curl up on the ends. If I let it air dry it seem dull and frizzy in parts. It does make it so it dries faster with the hair dryer, but it was more difficult to iron. I plan to have my daughter do the 5 day test next (she has very curly hair) and see if she see her curls loosened.

• Tharris2394 By  Tharris2394
    09.14.15

I have very coarse hair. I would love to have a straightening cream that actually worked... Aveda Naturally Straight doesn't help natural hair. I reccomend to people who already have straight hair just may have to use on some stray aways... Coarse hair no sir..

• wanizo By  wanizo     SheSpeaks Tester
    08.24.15

I was excited to try out Aveda Naturally Straight and was hopeful for it, but just really didn't work with my hair. It's a nice light fragrance, but kind of left my hair greasy and didn't really straighten the hair. Really wanted to like the product because I love Aveda, but this just isn't for me.

• minilils3 By  minilils3     SheSpeaks Tester
    07.17.15

Great product. Makes my hair much more manageable before drying. Cuts the drying time down as well. Great scent!

• patty11 By  patty11
    05.28.15

Product does not work that well. My hair is full and heavy and it still frizzs. It does not seem to straight still frizzy. Plus it left my hair oily and not looking goos.

• supermous By  supermous     SheSpeaks Tester
    04.01.15

My hair is fine, and slightly curly, mostly has waves. I tried the product and I followed the directions, I found that it didn't work quite as well as I had thought it would. My hair didn't blowdry quickly, nor did the product make my hair completely straight! It didn't last through four or five washes either. My hair felt soft, but I found that the product left a residue on my hair which made it look greasy the next day. I do not feel that this product lived up to the standards that it claims to do!

• minky4 By  minky4
    04.01.15

My daughter has been using this product quite regularly and I have noticed a significant difference in the texture of her hair. She has very thick hair which tends toward wavy that she seems to be inheriting from me (I have very curly, 3a curls). She uses this product after showering and will blow dry with a round brush. Her hair is stick straight and smooth for a couple of days. The more often she uses this product, the longer her hair stays smooth in between washes. It's pricey, but worth it.

• wakechick By  wakechick     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.21.15

I have wavy hair and I thought this product was wonderful. I always had a hard time getting my hair to be completely straight using a round brush and blow dryer before, but when I used some of this first, My hair came out beautifully straight. I have a hard time believing it would work on someone with very curly or thick hair, but I have fine hair and it worked very well. I will buy more when I run out!

• adriasb By  adriasb     SheSpeaks Tester
    03.19.15

I love this product! It smells great, is good for my hair, and it works. My hair has some natural wave that I can usually blow dry straight. This product made getting it straight faster and easier. I love that the company uses plant products and limits or eliminates harmful chemicals. I will definitely buy this in the future, and the tube lasts for a really long time.

• karih1 By  karih1
    12.13.14

Did not like this, my hair felt greasy.

• ccalexander By  ccalexander     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.12.14

I love this product. I am late to the game posting my review but I have nothing negative to say. The smell is great; I love how shiny it makes my hair and its straightens is just enough to let the natural wave shine through without the frizziness. Thank you shespeaks and Aveda for letting me try this great product.