Arroz con Gandules.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
Makes: 6 Servings
A Puerto Rican rice dish that is quite popular amongst Boricuas.
Goya Sazon packet
Goya Pigeon Peas
Long Grain White Rice
1. COMBINE 3 HEAPING TABLESPOONS [EACH] OF SOFRITO AND RECAITO
2. ADD 1 PACK OF SAZON
3. ADD 1 CAN TOMATO SAUCE
4. ADD SALT AND PEPPER [TO TASTE]
5. ADD 1 CAN OF GANDULES/PIGEON PEAS [W/ LIQUID]
6. WAIT FOR BOIL. THEN PROCEED TO ADD YOUR 4.5 CUPS OF
WASHED LONG GRAIN WHITE RICE.
7. ADD WATER TO THE POT. Enough to cover the white rice.
8. WAIT FOR IT TO BOIL. UNTIL ITS ALMOST DRY
9. ADD 1/4 CUP OF OIL
10. STIR THE RICE. MAKING SURE THE OIL IS MIXED WELL
11. COVER THE RICE. [WAIT 15 MINUTES]
12. UNCOVER RICE. AND STIR.
13. LEAVE COVERED FOR ANOTHER 20 MINUTES OR UNTIL RICE IS COOKED.
ONLY UNCOVER RICE AS NEEDED TO STIR..
other recipes in main dishes
A taco recipe for vegetarians, just as tasty as the hamburger kind.
Super easy and wonderfully versatile kid-friendly dish made in the slow cooker (crock pot).
My kids don't like spicy foods yet but I love enchiladas. I also shy away from preservatives so I love that this recipe is possible without using any. …