Arroz con Gandules.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Prep + Cook Time:
Makes: 6 Servings
A Puerto Rican rice dish that is quite popular amongst Boricuas.
Goya Sazon packet
Goya Pigeon Peas
Long Grain White Rice
1. COMBINE 3 HEAPING TABLESPOONS [EACH] OF SOFRITO AND RECAITO
2. ADD 1 PACK OF SAZON
3. ADD 1 CAN TOMATO SAUCE
4. ADD SALT AND PEPPER [TO TASTE]
5. ADD 1 CAN OF GANDULES/PIGEON PEAS [W/ LIQUID]
6. WAIT FOR BOIL. THEN PROCEED TO ADD YOUR 4.5 CUPS OF
WASHED LONG GRAIN WHITE RICE.
7. ADD WATER TO THE POT. Enough to cover the white rice.
8. WAIT FOR IT TO BOIL. UNTIL ITS ALMOST DRY
9. ADD 1/4 CUP OF OIL
10. STIR THE RICE. MAKING SURE THE OIL IS MIXED WELL
11. COVER THE RICE. [WAIT 15 MINUTES]
12. UNCOVER RICE. AND STIR.
13. LEAVE COVERED FOR ANOTHER 20 MINUTES OR UNTIL RICE IS COOKED.
ONLY UNCOVER RICE AS NEEDED TO STIR..
other recipes in main dishes
Easy...EASY tuna recipe. It is one of our favorite Christmas Evening meals. I grew up eating a fish dinner every Christmas. Why? Because it is healthy a…
This is a classic dough, rolled paper thin and filled with anything the heart desires! These can be healthy when filled with super foods like pureed yams…
An alternative to heavy pasta, these ravioli are made with won ton wrappers to reduce carbs and calories. A fusion of a traditional Italian style pasta …