Tips for Making a Video
Making this video should be fun. We want it to both reflect your personality and your experience as a SheSpeaks member. Here are a few tips to help you get started. We can’t wait to see the final cut!
- Step One - Lights
- You will need a well lit environment. Use about 2-3 times more lighting than you would normally use to light up the room. Try to keep the lighting even- a lamp on either side of you, for example. Try removing lamp shades from lamps for brighter light.
- If you’re using a webcam, try to remember to look at the camera and not yourself. It’s also a good idea to include any product you might be talking about in the frame with you.
- Step Two - Camera
- Make sure you have a digital video camera with voice recording . Just be sure to keep your camera stable and try to avoid any background noise. If you are using a Webcam, we suggest using "Photobooth" for a Mac and "Windows Movie Maker" for a PC. That’s all the equipment you will need.
- Step Three - Action
- Please speak in full sentences. When using a Webcam make sure to speak in a clear, loud voice; louder than you normally would. Get creative: shoot products or coupons, boxes or whatever you’d like to demonstrate your SheSpeaks experience. The video should be 1-2mins length.
- Step Four - Share
- Please upload your video to http://videos.shespeaks.com
Some Hints to Get Things Rolling:
Feel free to prompt yourself with the questions below. It might help to have an off camera friend call-out the questions. The trick is to answer questions in complete sentences by restating the question on camera.
For a video about a product: Start off with a strong statement about the product---that you love it or don’t. Then follow up with a few constructive reasons why. Here are some questions that might help you round out your review:
- Q: What was your first impression of the product from the packaging?
- Q: Was the product what you expected?
- Q: What would you say to your friends to recommend it?
- Q: How does this product compare to other similar products?
Flip Camera Customer Service:
If you are using a Flip Camera, Flip Video has 24/7 online customer support. Please go to www.theflip.com/en-us/support for help with your technical support needs.