St Martin s Press Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris | SheSpeaks

• BrokenTeepee BrokenTeepee

Behind Closed Doors

My full review is too long to fit in the confines of the characters allowed here. It can be read at http://brokenteepee.com/behind-closed-doors-by-b-a-paris-book-review/ Here is a snippet: And it is a whopper of a tale. One that will keep you looking over your shoulder and wondering about the nature of relationships. I am sure it would be, in some ways, even worse on a second read. It might be worth one as I went through it so quickly because I just wanted to know what was going to happen! 4.5 I received a free copy for my honest review

• sirena1124 By  sirena1124

Emotionally Gripping and Hard to Put Down

I received a free ARC of this book from SheSpeaks for their Behind Closed Doors book club. Once I started reading this book, it was really hard to put down. I had to read it all the same day. It is all from the viewpoint of Grace and the story goes back and forth from the past to the present to show how things began and where they are now, but it unfolds the story with the perfect amount of teasing the reader by only giving a few details at a time. Grace thinks she's met the perfect man who not only loves her, but also loves her sister Millie who has Down's Syndrome and will be coming to live with Grace full-time soon. However, soon Jack Angel's dark secrets are revealed to Grace and there looks to be no escape for her or Millie from Jack's warped plans for them. Will Grace be able to protect herself and Millie or will this man control them completely? You'll just have to read it for yourself to find out.

• Mook6442 By  Mook6442
    08.03.16

Gripping Read!! Welcome to America Ms. Paris!!

I rather enjoyed this book and thought it was well paced. It isn't a book I would normally purchase but am so glad I had an opportunity to read this book! It is thanks to SheSpeaks that I received a copy of this book for free and was exposed to this author! I am so very happy I was! It was well written and the characters completely sucked you in!! I loved Grace and Millie and absolutely hated Jack. The book kept me wondering to the very end. Now I walk around more tuned in with my surroundings because you never know just who may need help. Kudos to you Ms. Paris! Great job!

• jennunplugged By  jennunplugged     SheSpeaks Tester
    08.02.16

Great summer read

Finally a book I don't want to put down! This is a perfect summer read for those busy moms who want to get lost in something other than play dates, messes, bedtime and counting down the days till routine comes back!

• DianeN By  DianeN     SheSpeaks Tester
    08.01.16

You Won't Want to Put This Book Down!

I read this book in about 4 hours! This psychological thriller is a page turner and relatively short book. The story describes Jack and Grace who seem like a perfectly charming couple at first glance until the author starts revealing more details about their past lives and present activities. The story is told from Grace?s perspective. The timeline alternates from past to present, which made it easy to read and helped to keep the momentum going. I don?t want to give away too much, but let?s just say that you never really know what?s going on behind closed doors. After reading this book, I wondered if something like this could actually happen in real life. I shudder at the thought of this happening in real life.

• WEMAKE7 By  WEMAKE7     SheSpeaks Tester

A great Summer read!

At the beginning of this Summer I started reading again because it is one of my favorite hobbies. I couldn't wait to start reading this new book because it sounded like something I would love to read. At the beginning I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy it but after a few pages I could not put it down, and only did because I had to at the time. I found my heart beating faster and reminding myself that I had to breath as I read each chapter. The chapters bounce back and forth between present and past and I never knew what was going to happen next. I finished this book in just 2 days because I did not want to put it down. "I received this book for free from SheSpeaks"

• MamaSmith By  MamaSmith     SheSpeaks Tester

A Must Read this Summer!

From the moment it arrived, I could not put this book down. I knew that it was going to be a quick read for me and that I would finish reading it within the week. I don't have a lot of free time but I made free time for Behind Closed Doors. I needed to know what was going to happen - how it was going to end. The book got better and better as it went on. I highly recommend picking ths book up when it is available for purchase on August 9th. If I had to pick one summer must read - this is it! I received this book for free from SheSpeaks.

• Thepagesinbetween By  Thepagesinbetween

Must read!

I was given this book directly from St. Martin's Press's to review in exchange for an honest review. At first I was a bit nervous to read it. This is a very sensitive subject matter. But I think author wrote about it extremely well. There was moments my heart raced,you stomach twisted, and I wasn't sure I could finish this book. But I did and it was fantastic. And the ending was the perfect icing to the cake.

• Srose2357 By  Srose2357
    07.30.16

Eerily Amazing

Behind Closed Doors started a little bit slow and seemed like I book I wouldn't usually pick up. However, after a few chapters this books gets into it and I could not put it down. Jack and Grace are the perfect characters or so you think. Everyone is smarter and ahead of each other and you that you cannot predict the outcome of the story. Millie is amazing and I love how she ties the story together from beginning to end. B.A. Paris writes this book alternating between past and present to give a full and fluid story keeping you enthralled the whole time. The story line is amazing and makes your heartbeat especially when other characters such as Esther enter the scene. The way Grace is written is flawless and you can really connect with her a feel the emotions through the pages. She goes through so much and it truly takes your emotions on the ride with her. Jack is handcrafted and one of a kind. His character is so eerie and unknown even when you feel like you know, you don't. Millie is a breath of fresh air and a sort of relief throughout the story. She knows so much more than you initially think and she is such an amazing character. I love that the author gives Down-syndrome a different perspective than its ever been given and it is much appreciated. Behind Closed Doors in in a world of the high class but I never felt disconnected from it once it picked up. I do appreciate that initially it is deceptive though because it made me love it that much more. I wouldn't change a thing about this book except to wish that it were longer or never ending. This has been one of the best reads I've had in awhile. I would love to read more from B.A. Paris in the future her writing style is amazing. I already have people who cannot wait to get their hands on this book.

• Babyface10 By  Babyface10
    07.15.16

Loved it

I loved this book. It had me hooked from page one. I liked it so much I read it twice.

• kelly_canales By  kelly_canales
    07.14.16

A Thrilling Summer Read

Loved this book! It was a perfect summer read for me. A thrilling, page turner that leaves you wanting more!!