St Martin s Press Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris | SheSpeaks

• BrokenTeepee BrokenTeepee

Behind Closed Doors

My full review is too long to fit in the confines of the characters allowed here. It can be read at http://brokenteepee.com/behind-closed-doors-by-b-a-paris-book-review/ Here is a snippet: And it is a whopper of a tale. One that will keep you looking over your shoulder and wondering about the nature of relationships. I am sure it would be, in some ways, even worse on a second read. It might be worth one as I went through it so quickly because I just wanted to know what was going to happen! 4.5 I received a free copy for my honest review

• sofi76 By  sofi76
    08.05.16

I received this free from Shespeaks. Very easy and engrossing read. I enjoyed the back and forth each chapter with past present. Definitely suspenseful and reminded me of Gone Girl. A bit outrageous and shocking but somewhat predictable, maybe because I have read so many similar books lately and see a similar formula. Fun and easy read and should do very well.

• Lagleis By  Lagleis
    08.05.16

I read this book in two days, it grabs you and you can't let go. It was a very easy read and even though I did not like the main character I couldn't help but feel sorry for her and wanted her to come through at the end. The only thing I can say I didn't like is the English references maybe due to I'm not familiar with England.

• ima_lil_galaxy By  ima_lil_galaxy

Loved it!

I received this book free through SheSpeaks. I am the first to say I hated "Gone Girl," so I was skeptical of this book as it follows the female lead, Grace, and it was heavily compared to "Gone Girl." This was nothing like it to me. It was actually brilliant. I read in less than 6 hours in total. It narrates from Grace past and present until it ties together in the end for the biggest surprise. I absolutely loved B.A. Paris' prose, despite some weird grammatical errors, I loved the English tone. It was dark, suspenseful, and had wonderful characters with surprising twists all the way up until the very end. I would have liked to see more character development, but this book expresses how many abusive relationships start and should be a must-read.

• Rianne840 By  Rianne840

Very good read!

Love this book! didn't take me long to read it cuz i couldn't put it down, was worried of how it was going to end, was well written, very good read, i would definitely recommend this book

• cindylu12 By  cindylu12

Awesome book!

I just finished this book, in three days, I might add. It would have been two, but I had to work. I found it terrifying, surprising, creative, intense, yet compelling. Without giving the story away, I was biting my nails towards the end, and I couldn't put the book down until I found out what happened to Grace. This is a must read book, and I am looking forward to B. A. Paris' next novel. #BehindClosedDoors, #ad, @StMartinsPress, @SheSpeaksUp.

• berrael By  berrael

A MUST READ!

This books is AMAZING!!! What a thrill ride through every sick and twisted turn!! I found myself hoping and praying for freedom and was constantly shocked and surprised at the retaliations. The main character is relatable, strong and so resilient. You find yourself easily falling into her shoes throughout the story. The suspense is unbeatable and the ending... perfection! I loved how it was presented in a past and present form that matched together perfectly. Chilling, suspenseful, fantastically written and just all around fabulous. I got a copy of this book from SheSpeaks but that in no way shape of form affects this review!

• sandysandmeyer By  sandysandmeyer     SheSpeaks Tester
    08.04.16

What?s Really Behind Closed Doors?

OH. MY. WORD! To say that I was captivated and consumed by Behind Closed Doors is an understatement. This isn't even the normal type of book that I read - psychological suspense thriller - but I literally couldn't put this book down. On the outside, Jack and Grace Angel are the perfect couple - good looking, wealthy, respectable. Jack is a well-known champion lawyer for women who are victims of domestic violence and he's never lost a case. Charming Grace is a former buyer for Harrods, who now stays at home...and is never seen without Jack by her side. NEVER. What begins as the things that romance novels and chick flicks are made of turns out to be Fatal Attraction meets Silence of the Lambs. This is an advertisement for SheSpeaks/St. Martins Press

• stephy4554 By  stephy4554
    08.03.16

This book has quickly become my favorite book of the summer. I was so intrigued throughout the whole book. I loved how B A Paris used time to convey the story. The jumping from the past to the present really holds a readers interest and makes this book hard to put down. This book truly inspires the reader to feel something they probably never have before, pure dread. The reader can really relate to Grace as a person even though her situation may not be entirely relatable. B A Paris ends the book with a slight twist that we never see coming. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys psychological thrillers. I received a copy of the book free from SheSpeaks in exchange for my honest review.

• BrokenTeepee By  BrokenTeepee     SheSpeaks Tester

Behind Closed Doors

• Shellthings By  Shellthings     SheSpeaks Tester
    08.03.16

Couldn't put this one down!

I?m always a little skeptical of people who appear to live perfect lives. That makes me a little jaded, I know, but no one has everything together and when people try to put up that front, I assume they?re hiding something. Sometimes it?s no big deal and other times, it?s something truly awful. In the case of Jack and Grace Angel, what?s hidden is horrifying. They might give the appearance of being a perfect couple, but they?re far from it. I don?t want to give any spoilers away, but you immediately get the impression that things aren?t what they seem right from the very beginning of the book. I had to see where Behind Closed Doors was going, so I finished it all in one day. I?m so glad I did because where it went was twisted and creepy and darker than I?d imagined the secrets to be, and completely satisfying.