Philips Wake up Light | SheSpeaks

• dbvernon dbvernon
    02.20.12

I think this is a great innovative product to help you or your children wake up in the morning especially if you have to wake up before the sun is up. I am not a morning person at all but this product has made me feel better in the mornings, which has made it easier for me to wake up. I would definitely recommend this product. I like the different wake up features offered too.

• Easy2Save By  Easy2Save     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.14.11

I have a hard time waking up I guess I am just not a morning person. It takes a good hour for me to be really awake and alert. Now with the Philips Wake up Light I feel I am awake quicker and have a clear head not that groggy feeling. I think the slow way the light becomes brighter like the rising sun really does help you to slowly come fully awake. The light is also super easy to set up and I really liked that.

• bendite By  bendite     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.14.11

I received the Philips Wake Up Light, and after discussing it with my husband, we decided to try it out on our son. It has been a great wake up option for him, who normally rises grumpy! Having the gradual light has been wonderful, slowly waking him up and allowing him the time he needs to rest and relax before starting the day.

• sakana By  sakana     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.14.11

Overall, I really like the way the Philips Wake Up Light wakes me up in the morning. There was definitely an adjustment period, though. At first, I snapped awake at about the time the light reached its full intensity (a somewhat jarring way to be awoken) and well before the alarm went off. Then, I somewhat adjusted to the light coming on and slept right up to the point when the alarm went off. Now, I pretty much wake up when the light is starting to come on, and almost never wait for the alarm to go off before getting up. Now that I'm used to it, the wake up light is a pretty nice way to wake up in the morning. Even though I rarely am in bed when it goes off, the alarm sound is pleasant, a little "calypso-y" sounding. Two things I would change, though. I would not tie the alarm light's intensity to the last setting used when the light was turned on. I also would not tie the alarm volume to the radio volume. I would like to be able to set both independently. I have the radio volume at a level that's between reasonable and too loud, but the alarm is super soft when it goes off. I dislike having to remember to crank the radio volume way up before setting the alarm.

• sweetcoron By  sweetcoron     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.14.11

The best way I can think to describe this light is "pleasing." There's something relaxing and comforting about it. I find myself waking up easily before the alarm. I like using this as a lamp too. I'm thinking about buying this for my mother who finds herself having low energy in the winter. I'm not crazy about the design of this thing aside from the light it provides: it's kind of ugly and the toggle is odd. It is easy to use, just not very decorative. I would love to have a battery backup for my alarm, which this doesn't have.

• channy1965 By  channy1965     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.13.11

I LOVE IT! What a gentle and soothing way to wake up in the morning. It may have taken me a few tries to get all the settings right but once I got it down I couldn't be happier. It feels as though your waking yourself up instead of being woke up by an annoying alarm clock. I'm telling everybody I know about this wonderful product.

• robc03 By  robc03     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.13.11

I live in the Pacific Northwest, and sunlight is rare during the winter months. I have an online class which begins at 6:00 a.m..so I get up in complete darkness I was a bit skeptical about the Phillips Wake Up Light and whether it would be beneficial. After using it for a month both my husband and I wake up much more relaxed and rested. On the days that it did not awaken us due to power outages we were definitely out of sorts for the entire morning. The subtle tweeting of birds and gradually increasing light is a much nicer way to wake up.

• crazygirl By  crazygirl     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.13.11

I am definitely not a morning person, so ever since I heard of the Wake-Up Light, I definitely wanted to give it a try. And now that I have, I wouldn't want to go back to not having it! It's definitely effective at bringing you out of that deep sleep more gradually so you feel more refreshed than the harsher wake-up by a standard alarm. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has trouble waking up, and staying awake, like I do.

• ChefErin By  ChefErin     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.13.11

I really like the Philips Wake-Up Light. My husband has never been good with alarms. He's one of those people that practically jumps out of their skin when the alarm goes off in the morning. The Philips Wake-Up Light is a soothing natural way to wake up. It's particularly nice for us because we live in Seattle and the sun doesn't rise this time of year until almost 8:00am. The Wake-Up Light mimics the natural light we are missing. My only qualm is that is resides on my husband's bedside table and I don't get the full effect of the light on the other side of the bed. Otherwise, we couldn't recommend it more highly.

• jenshinn By  jenshinn     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.13.11

This seems to be a great innovation in not only light therapy, but also alarm clocks. It is easly to set up and use right out of the box. I have never liked using an alarm clock, it seems to put me in a bad mood for the majority of the day, and I dont have that with the Philips Wake-up Light. The soft sounds are a great addition to the "wake-up" experience. I am thinking about purchasing a few for my family. Great product!!!

• trailblazer3 By  trailblazer3     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.13.11

This light is great! It wakes you up so slowly and gently that you feel like you woke up on your own. Now I am in a better mood when I get up because I haven't been jolted awake by an annoying alarm clock!!!