Philips Wake-up Light Review Page 6 of 15 | SheSpeaks

• lpalid By  lpalid     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.12.11

This product did nothing for me.

• RachelleBetow By  RachelleBetow     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.12.11

I think this is a good product. I can usually get up pretty easily in the mornings but my husband doesn't and he really liked this instead of annoying beeps. I think it is pretty costly though so I'm wondering if there should be more options on it for the price. Overall, great idea and stress free way to wake up in the morning!!!!

• blueflye By  blueflye     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.12.11

I liked this light a lot. I do think for the price of it that it should have just a few more options to it like being able to use a battery in it for one thing. I love the sounds and the way it gradually wakes you up with the light, perfect for gloomy mornings. I found it really does brighten my day. I would recommend this to a friend because it is nice with a lot of features to it, and it makes getting up in the morning a pleasant experience.

• MakeHerUp By  MakeHerUp     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.12.11

I really love this light. I was so excited to try it out the first two nights I kept waking up to look and see if the light came on. =) By the 3rd night I had chilled out and was able to see what it could really do. Living in the Pacific NW it can get really dark and gloomy and I have to drag myself out of bed. The way this light slowly wakes me up and by the time the birds are chirping on my Wake Up Light alarm I am up and ready to go.

• mamafour By  mamafour     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.12.11

The Philips Wake Up Light is a really unique product. I like the alarm sounds and the fact that the light level can be adjusted. I use the light and the radio a lot in the evenings. My husband likes the gradual wake-up. However, neither the light nor the alarm wake me up. I'm a heavy sleeper and I've found that I need a loud, annoying, conventional alarm with a big snooze button to wake me.

• jurisdr By  jurisdr     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.11.11

I don't find that the light helps me at all.

• Broola By  Broola     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.11.11

I'm very conflicted with this product. I'm a light-medium sleeper - as soon as the wake up light turned on (even at its dimmest setting), I woke up. Then I had a visual reminder for the next 15 minutes that I needed to get up soon. I'm one of those sleepers that appreciates every second of sleep, so to wake up early/gradually did not sit well with me. I tried adjusting the brightness, but that didn't help either. Also, I have a dog who would bounce with delight as soon as the light turned on. The last thing I wanted was yet another reminder that it was almost time to get up. Additionally, I find the design atrocious. It's large, bulky, and looks like something the 80s TV show "Out of this World" would use to communicate with aliens. I know, outdated reference, but its true! All that being said, I still use this system. I don't use the light wake up, but I LOVE the peaceful bird chirps that sound right at 6:16am (the exact time I've set it at.) And the radio alarm is functional and great as well. I do agree with a lot of the other reviews, figuring out how to set each alarm is mind-numbing. The buttons should be labeled better and it should be more intuitive to set. So, the big question is, would I recommend this to a friend? Maybe. I know, it's a cop-out answer, but there are some people that I think this would work really well for (medium-heavy sleepers) and people that this would not work well for (light sleeps, people with dogs.)

• ellijen By  ellijen     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.11.11

I LOVE this alarm clock!!! I get up a little bit before 4am and live in the Pacific NW...I was hesitant at first thinking that the light would not wake me up, so the first few days I set my regular alarm as well..I never needed it. I am awake before the alarm even has a chance to go off. When I wake up I am not nearly as groggy as I was with my regular alarm, and this one does not wake up my husband. I am very satisfied with this alarm clock, I think the only draw back for me is that it starts to light up 1/2 hour before I need to get up, so I usually lose about 15 min worth of sleep =(

• ann__b By  ann__b     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.11.11

I love this light. It's got so many great features. I love the way I feel when I wake up in the morning. The light was easy to set up. I love that if you unplug it for less than 15 minutes your settings aren't lost. I would definitely recommend this light!

• needcnow By  needcnow     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.11.11

I can only agree with all the positive reviews on here. There was a mail issue so I sared it a bit later but I love it so far. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

• muggly By  muggly     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.11.11

I love waking up to the light and the bird sounds! Don't really like the look of it. Too big and bulky for my nightstand.

• jskelly93 By  jskelly93     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.11.11

This is a must for dark winter mornings - the gradual light wakes you up as naturally as the sun. I have been using it for a week now and don't miss the jolt of an annoying alarm or static music

• BusierMom By  BusierMom     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.11.11

We have a late riser in our family, and this wake-up light has made a huge difference in her ability to wake up with a more gentle spirit and attitude. Instead of the grumpy-grumps, she wakes up easily and is ready to get out of bed on her own. This wake-up light has been a blessing!

• krosburn By  krosburn     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.11.11

Overall, I like the Philips-Wake-up-Light. I wish the earlier settings were a little bit dimmer as it woke me up before the lighting was on high. It would be nice if when I turn the alarm off for that morning, it would reset and automatically be set for the next day. I am used to my Ipod waking me up and forgot to re-set the light one evening. It was easy to set up and overall l love the idea of waking up via light instead of an annoying alarm clock.

• lowmerc1 By  lowmerc1     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.11.11

I wake up at 4:45 am. I can honestly say that I am up before the alarm goes off...the light starts waking me up and then I look over at the clock and doze back off before the real alarm goes off. I do not wake up tired anymore.It doesn't matter what time I go to bed either...The other night I could not fall asleep. It was 2:30 am and I shut the tv off..the alarm went off a little over 2 hrs later, and I woke up fine, not fatigued, went about my day as normal and didn't go to sleep until almost 12am! Crazy stuff if you ask me! I would highly recommend this light. I posted a review on Amazon and also shared the code there. :)