Moby Wrap Baby Carrier | SheSpeaks

• MasterofMom MasterofMom
    06.20.13

Our daughter is colicky, and this thing has been a lifesaver for us. I love that there are different ways to wrap it, I love that it comes in different colors, and I love that it is so soft. This carrier isn't for everyone though. Some downsides to it that people should know before they buy it is that there is a learning curve to wrapping and wearing it properly, and until you get the hang of it, the bulges here and there may make some people uncomfortable. This isn't a great hot-weather item either - baby will probably get pretty sweaty in here. We combat that by putting our daughter in with just a diaper on to keep her cooler. On the plus side, that makes it great for skin to skin contact. You can wrap it so that it's practically a shirt on yourself, and although I wouldn't go out of the house wrapped in just this, it's great to wear at home with just a bra on and your baby in just a diaper. My daughter always loved the feel of being right next to me and it always put her straight to sleep. The biggest thing to warn of is that this is NOT a wrap for larger women to use. Although this thing is super long, by the time you get it all the way wrapped around, you won't have much wiggle room left. I wear a size 12 right now and it is a bit snug! If I was a 14 I don't think I would be comfortable using this, simply because of how tight I'd have to wrap it around myself. If a little bit of sweat and a thicker waistline don't trouble you, I'd say go for it! You and baby will both be pretty comfortable in this.

• annaglow27 By  annaglow27
    06.06.12

I love my moby! There is a learning curve to get the ties right, but after that it's a breeze. I love how it has grown with my LO and we can use it in all situations. the fabric does make both of s warm, and now that it's summer, I'm not sure what we will use, but we will figure it out. i started using the wrap on day two of her life and am still going strong at 5 months.

• circularsmiles By  circularsmiles
    05.21.12

I have to say that the Moby wrap is definetley not my favorite wrap. The jersey cotton is super soft and the stretch to it is ideal for new parents that don't quite know how much give to leave in a tie with their little one. However, that works against you sooo quickly depending how fast they get big! Having a wrap that is stretched to the length of a football field because your baby is now 15 lb.s is horrible. Believe me, no matter how often you pop it in the dryer to shrink the material it will stretch and sink as soon as you put them in again. Better to spend a little bit more on a stronger material wrap if you ask me.

• coffeechic By  coffeechic
    05.04.12

My first baby carrier was a peanut shell. I loved my peanut shell but I didn't feel like my baby was too secure once she could sit. I purchased the Moby Wrap and fell in love. I can put my baby on my back, put her on my side, or put her in front of me either facing me or facing the world and I always feel like they're secure in there :) The only reason why I gave it 4 stars is because it CAN get a little tedious to wrap every time, and it does get a little hot in the summer with it.

• Shneila By  Shneila
    10.23.11

I often take public transportation, I plop my little one in my MOBY WRAP and people dont realy notice that she is there until I feed her or look down to check on her. When we get into a crowede area I close her "curtins" so people don't get too close, and when they ask to see my baby, I juat say that " she's nursing" lol

• Miranda1179 By  Miranda1179
    10.05.11

I wasn't 100% impressed with the Moby. I had read so many great things about it and couldn't wait to buy one. I tried using it to shop at the mall right after I bought it. It was January, I had a very young baby and I was standing in the parking lot, freezing and trying to figure out how to wrap it. I figured it would be easier to use when i was home, but the wrapping process was cumbersome, even after I figured out how to do it without looking at the manual for step by step instructions. There were times that I felt the baby was secure, and it worked out well, but other times I felt like he might fall out, or that he was wrapped too tightly. I would put it on before I left the house so i could just put the baby in it when I needed to, but it was awkward to walk around wearing a baby carrier with no baby when he didn't want to be in it, but too much work to put on and take off multiple times. I have used one other type of carrier which I felt was easier to use, but it strained my back much more than the Moby. The Moby did distribute the weight equally across my upper body and I did not get a sore back or shoulders from it at all.

• love4999 By  love4999
    09.28.11

I used it a lot with my first and only once with my second. I need more back support, especially when baby is heavier. A very nice product.

• glittergirlajj By  glittergirlajj
    09.23.11

I love that is wrap allows me to get things done around the house and still have my LO with me. My back dosent hurt like it does when carrying baby and its comfortable to wear . The only thing i dont like is it can get hot wearing it especialy in summer.

• Tiarina By  Tiarina
    03.19.11

My Daughter is 9 months now, and she still lets me put her in my Moby. We used it from the time she was small, so she knows that when she is put in it, she will be there for a while. I always wear her in Walmart, and Target...and the occasional Mall trip. She never complains about it.

• dparker54 By  dparker54
    01.26.11

I always like to have gotten one but never got around buying one, Love this carrier.

• stsmith1018 By  stsmith1018
    01.26.11

I really liked it but 1) it takes a long time to put on 2) my son and I got VERY warm in it. In spite of these drawbacks, I found that I could get a lot more done with him strapped to me and had a lot more flexibility for keeping up with my life when he had acid reflux and wanted to be held.