Charlaine Harris Southern Vampire Series Books 1 8 | SheSpeaks

• Jade51679 By  Jade51679
    04.14.10

I love the books and the True Blood series. I read all the books in two weeks I can't wait for the next one.

• mizleeza By  mizleeza
    03.03.10

I have read all of them so far. They are very entertaining. Charlaine Harris is a good writer, she keeps your interest. Can't wait for the next one to come out. The series is just like movies based on books they are rarely as good as the book. Five stars for a fun read!

• consteche By  consteche
    01.19.10

I read the books before the HBO series and they were just divine. Southern atmosphere without too much terminology which is a problem with other book series. I want something where I dont have to "pause" to figure out what a new word "means". The HBO series is pretty frisky and graphic, but it's true to much of what goes on in the book. Hardcore and truthful. A great pickup!

• jimach By  jimach
    01.05.10

I've never watched the HBO series, but I LOVE the books! I listen to them in the car while traveling for work, and sometimes I don't want to get out of the car to go into work :)

• amywa65 By  amywa65
    12.18.09

I am in the middle of book 9 Dead and Gone. Have really enjoyed all of the books in this series. I am watching the show on HBO, and have to keep track of what is in the books vs the show, but enjoying the show as well.

• oneangelsmiles By  oneangelsmiles
    12.15.09

Having read all of the books (thus far) and watched Season I & II on HBO I have to say that I love the contrast in what is written in the books and what is on the show. There is enough simularities that harken you mind back to the book and enough variance to not disappoint the Sookie Stackhouse fans. Of course it doesn't hurt that they cast the male parts to complete hotties- Eric is divine. But in honestly I haven't picked up a book written by Charlaine Harris that wasn't a good read. Check out some of her other writings.

• missingme By  missingme
    12.07.09

Love the books more than I do the show, mostly because I read the books way before I saw the show and because season 1 of the show focused way to much on the sex. Though there are some things I like better about book than the show, I know that they are two different mediums and take it in stride. For those of you that liked the earlier books in the series Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter will probably enjoy this. Also the other books from Charline Harris, although not about vampires, are worth a look as well.

• chicablanquita By  chicablanquita
    11.09.09

I love both the books and the show. I read the books before watching the show and yes, they do have differences. These are great if you enjoy reading about supernatural beings of all sorts, and the romantic idea of a human ( humans) being in the same world. There is action, drama, romance, mystery, comedy - a little something for everyone. The only problem with the books is that I read through them super fast - can't stop once I start - and then have to wait for the next one!

• thecarltonfamily By  thecarltonfamily
    11.09.09

Also want to say that Layfette's character from the show doesn't have such a big role in the book and isn't flamboyantat like in the show. But, I really like his character on the show (kind of to my surprise.) I don't know the actor's name, and I believe he is in that movie with Jamie Foxx about the homeless cello musician. Anyway, I think he is a brillant actor.

• moonbaby4885 By  moonbaby4885
    11.01.09

The books are even better than the HBO True Blood Series! Once I read the first 2 I was dying to find out what comes next. I literally read books 2-8 in two weeks. If you watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer in middle school/high school this is what you graduate to.