Hylands Homeopathic Teething Tablets | SheSpeaks

• missmoniques81 missmoniques81
    07.09.14

These are a GOD SEND! without these I don't think I would have ever been able to survive the teething times. I found that prevention was the most useful when using these tablets. Do not wait till your child starts to get uncomfortable/cranky or they will not be as effective. My daughter's teething bothered her the most at night so usually before dinner I would give her a dose, and then another dose right before bed along with a frozen teething ring. She actually enjoyed taking the tablets and never complained like she did/does with other medicines. Hyland's is a go to in my house. I also recommend their cold tablets as well!

• mmyers81 By  mmyers81
    01.01.11

i got these for my twins 2 years ago and i loved them. i think they worked better than oragel. as they did not like the taste of the oragel. pop the tiny lil pill in the baby/childs mouth and it dissovles.

• Luzecita By  Luzecita
    12.31.10

So I must admit that I was a bug fan of Highland'd teething tablets, that is until I accidently gave my child one extra pill. Not to worry, he's fine and had no bad reaction. As a precaution I called CA Poison Control Center just to remove any doubt from my mind. To my surprise, I found out that it had been recalled for two reasons: 1. The lid on the container was not child proof and a child could potentially unscrew the lid. 2. The FDA had it recalled because the dose was too concentrated. My son had been constipated and it was due to the pills. I called Highland's company for more information and was notified about recall reason number 1 and nothing else was said. As a consumer, I am outrgaed that Highland's would not fully disclose all information pertaining it's product. I enjoyed the product for long run, but I have now found a better alternative that works just as well.

• lorimangnall1 By  lorimangnall1
    11.09.10

We can't expect that this product will relieve all of the pain from teething, but I have found that when used as directed it does seem to have a calming quality. I still wouldn't rely on this product as my only teething relief source, Orajel is our best friend. I certainly wouldn't leave this product anywhere near a childs reach, as with all medicines, but Large quantities of Belladonna can cause great harm! However Belladonna is included in the Tablets to ease the redness, inflammation and discomfort of the child?s gum that often occurs during the teething process. Belladonna 3X HPUS is manufactured from the whole plant, of which a small portion is Belladonna alkaloids (the component sometimes associated with side effects). Each Teething Tablet (which weighs about 65 mg) is composed of 0.0003% Belladonna alkaloids as stated on the label. This means that each complete teething tablet contains only approximately 0.0002 mg of Belladonna alkaloids. I believe a child would have to consume numerous bottles of the product to suffer great harm, but better safe than sorry..

• n_pera By  n_pera
    11.08.10

These really helped my son when he was teething, but I just read that there was a huge voluntary recall on these because they contain belladonna, a substance that can be lethal in children if they take too much. I won't be using them with my next baby due in a few months. Not worth the risk, in my opinion.

• konigin By  konigin
    08.25.10

I used to swear by these tablets until my daughter's dr. told me they don't work :(

• knm5800 By  knm5800
    07.23.10

The best solution for teething babies. I used it for my son and now give them to my 8 month old daughter. I make sure my babysitter has them on hand as well. They work amazingly fast. I give them in all my babyshower baskets. A must have for all parents while their babies are teething.

• HomemadeMom By  HomemadeMom
    07.12.10

I've used these teething tables on all 3 of my children. My 12 mo old is currently cutting a few teeth and when he becomes upset all I have to do is shake the bottle and he begins to calm down. I give him 3 tablets and within seconds I can see that he is getting relief. They are a Godsend!

• ShawnaM By  ShawnaM
    02.16.10

Awesome product, works wonders!!!

• maggie_elizabeth By  maggie_elizabeth
    11.22.09

This has to be absolutely the BEST product I could have ever used for my children during teething times...

• princesspeanutmom By  princesspeanutmom
    11.13.09

I was very hesitant to try these out on my daughter when the teething kicked in, but it seemed like every mother/friend/random stranger I encountered while checking out the various options in the teething aisle had RAVING reviews about these little tablets. Finally, after even my pharmacist gave me her personal "thumbs up" I purchased Hyland's Teething Tablets and am sure glad that I did. I don't know how they work, but it really seems to take the edge off of the pain (for me and my daughter!) The bottle lasts quite a long time too so I feel it was a good investment that I'd recommend to any other health conscious mother.