AMC Mad Men | SheSpeaks

• Veronicalodge Veronicalodge
    07.11.19

Mad for Mad Men!

As a lover of more vapid & soapy shows (think Beverly Hills 90210 & Gossip Girl reruns), I hadn?t made the Mad Men jump until 2012, which I believe was already 4 seasons or so in? I was working at a place where mad men was a common topic so instead of feeling like the outsider, I finally took the plunge and binged! Keep in mind, I am a girl that has the attention span of a child even on add medication, so it takes a lot to really get my attention! While my best friend who I ended up getting into mad men too, it became a competition as he was watching more than me at one point and was giving up little sub plots and story lines just to mess with me! He was surprised I liked it as he pointed it he thought it was a bit slow, and I would eventually concur to this, though not at the first episode or so. Mad men is honestly one f the few quality tv shows that has been done extremely well and casted to perfection. It is a show that does have soapy elements but not in such ways that a male wouldn?t watch it, and not a show geared to a gender specific audience. While I think the finale seasons started lacking, every series that has more than 2 or 3 seasons will have a fan that has a favorite and least favorite. Many times a first season or at least first few episodes In a new series are iffy (flashback to Bev Hills 90210 original, first season was painfully boring as was Melrose place, but afterwards would pick up and become much more exciting) , mad men doesn?t have that problem. The only negative I will mention is that a friend did mention that it seemed at times when they got lazy or were out of material they would tend to do ?flashbacks?to Don Draper?s past (Jon Hamm- who honestly just as eye candy is worth watching even if you have less of an attention span as me, as he is so charismatic & classically handsome that it?s just the cherry on top of the sundae)!
  • candries candries
    12.10.15

Loved the show..........but too much smoking, drinking and running around for us. We stopped watching it after a couple of seasons. The story line just got old.

• frugal4life By  frugal4life
    10.08.13

This show is alright but we actually ended up picking big love instead. the show just didn't go anywhere.

• trippingtiffies By  trippingtiffies
    10.08.13

I can't get enough of this show. It's pure torture to have to wait a year between seasons. It's bittersweet knowing that this upcoming season will be the last and honestly, I was hoping for Don to redeem himself (at least somewhat). With that said, the costumes are on point and the sets are incredible. This show is 100% authentic and I love it!

• MOMTWOBOYS By  MOMTWOBOYS
    09.18.13

I hate this show. What a waste of time...it was going nowhere ! Whats to enjoy when there's constant drinking, smoking , lieing and cheating.

• Doodles521 By  Doodles521
    09.17.13

Watched the 5 seasons in less than a week. Definitely a show that one can get addicted to.

• kathyhayes By  kathyhayes
    07.20.13

AI wonder If Hamm gets the Emmy again and all the other actors up for awards. Good series.

• juliehu8888 By  juliehu8888
    06.08.13

Love this show. Addicted to this show from NetFlix. Somehow I feel like the characters you can relate to. Love Don Draper!!!

• MzLCHeart By  MzLCHeart
    06.03.13

The show is amazing and entertaining. I get even more hooked each episode. My fiancé sat and watched a show with me when I was in the third season and I went back to watch the season again with him. The time setting is fun to watch. It makes you think about how things where different from now.

• ccluv121 By  ccluv121
    05.30.13

This show is amazing. I especially love their attention to the little details, I believe they really make the show. Everything from costuming to decor to even how they speak exudes the 1960's era.

• LIZSHERBERT84 By  LIZSHERBERT84
    04.28.13

Watch this shoe religiously! Love!

• jmar1998 By  jmar1998
    04.24.13

my favorite show at the moment!