Stephenie Meyer Twilight | SheSpeaks

• debsmad debsmad
    04.01.12

I am not a teen girl but I *LOVED* this book and would put it in my Top 5 Favorites. A lot of people like to rip on Stephanie Meyer's writing, saying she lacks talent, but she told a fine story here. I was sucked into the budding relationship between Bella and Edward. I loved Edward's slightly cocky and arrogant personality, and how he struggled to let himself just be himself around Bella. There were some weak points, like if James was really so good and vampires are really so fast, why couldn't he just zip in-kill Bella-zip out-move on? But whatever, it was a fun little story to lose yourself in, and I loved that it was a story that almost could happen, and not some total fantasy thing.

• Page55 Page55
    01.26.12

Horrible writing. I threw the book across the room about half way through it. The writing is just so bad. I finished it but would never read another book by this author. Bella was an endlessly irritating character - just toooooo perfect . . . .

• jnl0812 By  jnl0812
    10.02.11

Love these books. I am a huge Twilight fan.

• Jensimp_ly By  Jensimp_ly
    09.30.11

I read this book simply to find out what the big fuss was. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. I was completely enthralled with the story and enjoyed every book.

• angelahope By  angelahope
    09.27.11

Good book. The writer really puts in the feelings and energy of a teenager in love. Great details, pulls you into the book and makes you want to read the entire series.

• byrdy22 By  byrdy22
    06.08.11

love them all have read multiple times. I've got all my family into them and some friends cant wait for the movies

• sephoraluver75 By  sephoraluver75
    05.21.11

Love them all! My daughter and son too. LOL yes, I am not a teen, but I couldn't put them down either, it was the same with the Harry Potter Series.

• GerdaT By  GerdaT
    05.01.11

Nothing to say Twilight blew my mind its fast pace you don't want to put it down and it is romantic, all I would ever want in a vampire novel.

• alientwilight By  alientwilight
    04.05.11

When I first saw this book it was on the Myspace books as a advt.I kept seeing it so i went into and read about & off course i fell in love with it who wouldn't lol.I am Team Edward!!I now have all of the books & one movie.I am a big Twilight Fan:)~

• nylightsbrightlyshine By  nylightsbrightlyshine
    04.01.11

I hated this book for several reasons. First and foremost, Bella is a whiny little ninny. She has no backbone, and (in my opinion) gives the impression that being so emotionally involved with a relationship that you lose all sense of who you are as an individual is acceptable. I loathed this book so much that I couldn't bring myself to read the others.

• thedomestichick By  thedomestichick
    01.04.11

I enjoyed the book, as far as I tapped into the inner 14-year-old inside of me. As a 44-year-old woman, that type of obsessive love romance just doesn't appeal to me the same way it used to. The imagery is beautiful with vivid descriptions. The book actually played out in my head like a movie, always a sign of good imagery in my opinion. It was somewhat 'addictive' as i found myself reading each and every volume as it was released in the series. All of that would give it a solid four rating. However, I have reduced it for one reason - the same obsessive love that I wrote about in the above paragraph. While I know that is how teens typically 'love' at their age, I do not think this was a healthy relationship for Bella. I did find Edward very overbearing, becoming controlling and jealous, even somewhat cruel in later books. The fact that Bella did not stand up to him, thereby presenting a positive role model to young teenage girls bothered me. She eventually chose Edward, which I could understand on some level. He is that forbidden fruit, the bad boy type girls fall for in their youth. However, I want my daughter to grow up strong and if she is being controlled or mistreated by some young man, I want her to have the strength to walk away. And to pick the one that may not be as exciting but that is more solid and kind. I think that books and movies are important role models for our children, so I must take away some credit for the author's lack of strength in the character of Bella.

• laurag8707 By  laurag8707
    12.28.10

These are some of the best books ever. I love the story even though it is a fantasy and is impossible for vampires and all of that to ever exist it is still a great story. There are some parts I think are inappropirate and not for the teenage grouping, but apart from those I think the story is very good.