St. Martin's Press Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris Review Page 5 of 6 | SheSpeaks

• censiej By  censiej     SheSpeaks Tester

A must READ - NOW!

Fantastic summer read. A page turner that had this busy mom staying up late because I had to see what happened next. A book that would be really great for any book club. I cant wait for more friends to read this so I can discuss it with them. Add this to your must read! I received this book for free from SheSpeaks

• Sensahtive By  Sensahtive

Phenomenal Book!!!

This book was PHENOMENAL!!!! I could not put the book down. It took me less than 2 full days to complete the book. This book had many twists in it and I'm so glad to had the opportunity to participate in reading this book and sharing my thoughts as well. Thank to Shespeaks for allowing me to participate and share with this program!!! #shespeaks #looksaredeceiving #behindcloseddoors #ad

• mnnofziger By  mnnofziger

A MUST READ!

This book will grab you from page one and reel you in! I started and finished this book in the same day because with the turn of every page I found myself wanting to know more! Just when you think it can't get worse, it does! This book is relate-able because we are all vulnerable and what appears one way could be another! I highly recommend this book! You won't be disappointed and you will want to share it with everyone you know! *I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review

• JamericanSpice By  JamericanSpice     SheSpeaks Tester
    08.08.16

Keeps Your Heart A Flutter!

This book had me captivated, not only being on a deadline, but also wanting to find out exactly how it ends!! This book is relatable because just as life is unpredictable, so are the lives of the characters in the book, and unlike the movie when it's show, with the book, you have to turn the page to know more! You will hear the saying; 'the grass is greener on the other side' We all know that's not ever true in most cases. And it's the same with Behind Closed Doors, you can't always know for certain what goes on. They seem to be the perfect couple with all the trimmings; wealth, good looks and a niche in society. But, looks can be deceiving. Jack and Grace had an exciting romance after they met. Jack is the man you want to desire, he is a lawyer who defends women in domestic abusive situations, and has a record of always being a winner. They have my dream house and Grace hosts the best dinner parties, along with Jack. Read my review here: http://www.jamericanspice.com/2016/07/take-peek-behindcloseddoors-and-win.html A story that begins with all the great things of romance novels and ends in horror! As perfect couples and lives go, how will this marriage turn out? Is Jack all the man he shows to the world? How will having a special needs family member help or hurt this relationship?

• monikabaptista By  monikabaptista     SheSpeaks Tester
    08.08.16

A great read that I recommend to any book lover!

I finished Behind Closed Doors in 3 days because I couldn't put it down. This book was intense and compelling, the characters were well-developed, and the plot was unexpected. A great read that I recommend to any book lover!

• tsaund By  tsaund
    08.07.16

Great Thriller Novel

Yes! This book has all the making for an amazing thriller. The twist and turns in #BehindClosedDoors are amazing. @BAparisauthor has truly kept my attention in reading and wondering what is going to happen next in each chapter. For this to be her first novel, I am honored to have read her book. I will be looking forward to reading more from B.A Paris in the future. I highly recommend #BehindClosedDoors to fellow book lovers. Thank you SheSpeaks for sending me a copy of the book.

• Mary1220 By  Mary1220

A must read book!!

This book definitely had me in suspense thoughout every chapter, I couldn't put it down. I like the concept of going from the past to present, it takes you to the past to explain how everything happen and then brings you to the present to continue resuming the story. I really liked Grace and Esther, at first I thought this story was about a fake marriage but there is more to that. Millie is a character that I learned to admire because she knew exactly how to help her sister. It made me think about our world, I think we need to be more careful about our surrondings not everything that seems perfect is. "I received this book free from She Speaks"

• CCCampaign7 By  CCCampaign7

Phenominal Read!

You can see a my longer review here: https://charmedbookhavenreviews.wordpress.com/2016/08/06/c-h-b-arc-reviews-behind-closed-doors-by-b-a-paris/ Behind Closed Doors follows the marriage of Jack and Grace Angel. On the surface, they appear to be the perfect couple. Jack is a prestigious attorney who fights on the side of battered women, a glowing reputation amongst his small band of colleagues, and a loving husband to his wife. Grace is a stay-at-home wife, talented chef to her friends, and adores her sister who has Down Syndrome. To everyone who see the Angels, they are pure #relationshipgoals. My insides ached the more I delved deeper into the book. The more I read, the more intense it became. The more intense it became, the more I wanted to keep on reading. Each time I placed it down, I felt myself rushing in my daily tasks at work just to be able to pick up the book again. I highly recommend this book if you were a fan of Gone Girl. For warning, this is not like that book at all. Quite honestly, it's a story all on it's own and worth reading!

• geminieyez83 By  geminieyez83
    08.06.16

I have a love/hate relationship with this book!

I received an advance readers copy of Behind Closed Doors from SheSpeaks in exchange for my honest review. Behind Closed Doors is definitely a page turner, I'll give you that and I couldn't put the book down. I'm guessing the author got the reaction she wanted, from me, that's for dang sure lol! I hated the main male character (Jack Angel) and felt an agonizing combination of hatred and pity and rooting for the underdog with his wife (Grace Angel), after a while it was like "just get out of there girl!" I generally don't like stories like this one, but I'm a glutton for punishment and I couldn't put it down!

• Momsreview4you By  Momsreview4you     SheSpeaks Tester

What a page turner!

Wow. This book is a page turner. The characters are well developed, the story is unbelievable and it is a book that you cannot put down. Read my full review http://www.asparkleofgenius.com/behind-closed-doors-b-paris/. I received this book for free from SheSpeaks.

• sofi76 By  sofi76
    08.05.16

I received this free from Shespeaks. Very easy and engrossing read. I enjoyed the back and forth each chapter with past present. Definitely suspenseful and reminded me of Gone Girl. A bit outrageous and shocking but somewhat predictable, maybe because I have read so many similar books lately and see a similar formula. Fun and easy read and should do very well.

• Lagleis By  Lagleis
    08.05.16

I read this book in two days, it grabs you and you can't let go. It was a very easy read and even though I did not like the main character I couldn't help but feel sorry for her and wanted her to come through at the end. The only thing I can say I didn't like is the English references maybe due to I'm not familiar with England.

• ima_lil_galaxy By  ima_lil_galaxy

Loved it!

I received this book free through SheSpeaks. I am the first to say I hated "Gone Girl," so I was skeptical of this book as it follows the female lead, Grace, and it was heavily compared to "Gone Girl." This was nothing like it to me. It was actually brilliant. I read in less than 6 hours in total. It narrates from Grace past and present until it ties together in the end for the biggest surprise. I absolutely loved B.A. Paris' prose, despite some weird grammatical errors, I loved the English tone. It was dark, suspenseful, and had wonderful characters with surprising twists all the way up until the very end. I would have liked to see more character development, but this book expresses how many abusive relationships start and should be a must-read.

• Rianne840 By  Rianne840

Very good read!

Love this book! didn't take me long to read it cuz i couldn't put it down, was worried of how it was going to end, was well written, very good read, i would definitely recommend this book

• cindylu12 By  cindylu12

Awesome book!

I just finished this book, in three days, I might add. It would have been two, but I had to work. I found it terrifying, surprising, creative, intense, yet compelling. Without giving the story away, I was biting my nails towards the end, and I couldn't put the book down until I found out what happened to Grace. This is a must read book, and I am looking forward to B. A. Paris' next novel. #BehindClosedDoors, #ad, @StMartinsPress, @SheSpeaksUp.