Philips Wake up Light | SheSpeaks

• dbvernon dbvernon
    02.20.12

I think this is a great innovative product to help you or your children wake up in the morning especially if you have to wake up before the sun is up. I am not a morning person at all but this product has made me feel better in the mornings, which has made it easier for me to wake up. I would definitely recommend this product. I like the different wake up features offered too.

• kathym By  kathym     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.17.11

Like many others, I was skeptical about the Phillips Wake-Up light and whether or not it would make a difference. I have a hard time getting to sleep at night and waking up with the time change is hard. She Speaks sent us a Phillips Wake Up Light to try, and I did try it for a couple of nights and think it made a difference for me. I have since moved it into my son's bedroom, most everyone with a teen knows how hard it is to deal with them in the mornings!! He's had it in there for a couple of weeks now and it's made a big difference. It's much easier for him to get up on time and when he gets up he is in a better mood. I do wish the antenna on the radio was sturdier. It is a thin wire and if the cat gets to it, he will chew through it in no time. The switch to turn it off and on each day seems flimsy. I wish it could have a timer on it so that it would go off by itself after an hour or so and didn't have to be manually turned off. The other thing that is a big deal for me is that there is no battery back-up. If the power goes out, this unit won't work, so people will be late to work and school. That is another reason it is in my son's room instead of mine.

• heidishell By  heidishell     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.17.11

The Philips Wake Up Light has been great! The light can be adjusted to lower or higher volumes as can the radio. The light is a little "warmer/dimmer" than I would like it to be. It tends to light up the room, but, unless you have a high bedside table, it sits a little too low to the table to light up the room brightly. The way the alarm works is fantastic! I love the gentle wake up options. Having it gently turn on the radio and the light was actually very nice. I used this as my alarm clock/bedside lamp/radio. For the most part, I really liked it. The only thing is that you have to have it close to you in order to see the clock. Also, the button to turn on the light is in a place that's a little awkward for me to press since I had to put some books under the lamp in order for it to light the room a bit more, which made pressing the light button hard. However, the different settings/sounds for the alarm are wonderful! I really liked that. I enjoyed using this as my alarm and will continue to use it!

• joannacullen By  joannacullen     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.17.11

I am most definitely not a morning person, but the Phillips Wake Up Light has made some headway changing that. I awake sometimes before the alarm to the light (perhaps I should fiddle the setting a bit) and am not jarred awake by an annoying alarm noise. The Phillips Wake Up Light is simple to use, has a decent amount of features, and truly has been a nice addition to my bedside table. I recommended it to my parents and my mother has already purchased one for my father for Christmas. I'm sure he will like it too!

• frogvous By  frogvous     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.16.11

I was completely skeptical of this actually being a good product for me, but I gave it a try. It honestly took me almost a week to get used to the light and I had to adjust it and set my alarm a little later so I wouldn't wake up too early (and I still set my regular alarm just in case!). Since then, I have realized this is a much easier way for me to wake up! It's not so jarring or startling as a regular alarm clock. This part alone makes a big difference for how the rest of my morning feels. I believe I will be using this product for quite some time!

• pointtaken By  pointtaken     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.16.11

I posted the other day. Today I wanted to add that I am now FULLY in love with the Philips Wake Up light! Due to chronic fatigue/fibromyalgia problems waking and staying awake is usually problematic. I was able to set the bird sounds to a lower setting and now waking in the morning is even better than just with the light, though the light alone helped my mood a great deal. Thank you She Speaks for allowing me to test this product!

• Jess9658 By  Jess9658     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.16.11

Let me start by saying that it took me over a week to get used to the light and I love it now! The first week (plus) that I had the light I was convinced that it was going to come on and the anticipation woke me up out of a sound sleep. But since I have gotten used to it I can not believe how relaxed I am when I wake up.

• BetterLateThanNever By  BetterLateThanNever     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.16.11

I do still love the concept of this light/alarm, but have yet to tailor it specifically to me. I am a very light sleeper so it almost immediately wakes me up as soon as the light starts shining. I tried turning the light down so now I have it around 6 or so, but it still wakes me up too early (and I really prefer every last minute of sleep before I have to get up for the day). Then I tried to set the alarm time later so that when the light started shining, it would wake me at my normal time, but then I missed out on the actual alarm part (I like the birds and also the radio) because I needed to get up shortly after the light shone since that was actually my normal time to get up. I really love the light and I do think it's a great idea. I just wish there were maybe a couple more options for tailoring it. I think it would be nice if there was an option to reduce the time for the light to get brighter. Ten minutes prior to the alarm would be perfect for me. Then I could still enjoy the full scale of of increasing brightness. Since it currently wakes me up about 30 minutes prior to when I need to get up, I don't get the full benefit of the light. Either I can lay awake in bed and wait the 30 minutes for the brightness to increase to my alarm time or I just go ahead and get up early, which adds a bit more time to my already long days. Also I find that even though I wake up at the lower light setting, it doesn't feel as refreshing as when I woke to it on the brighter setting. I'll keep working at it though to see if I can find my personal happy medium because I really do feel like this could be a great product.

• daphneg64 By  daphneg64     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.16.11

I love the Philips Wake-up Light! I am amazed at how i wake up now before the alarm goes off. It was weird at first i would slowly start to wake up in a comfy way. I am so not a morning person i admit to being a night owl. Anyhow I would in bed wondering why I was awake and then i would notice the Philips Wake-up Light slowing getting brighter and brighter! It is a pleasure to wake up like this and not from the blaring of a beep beep beep jaring me out of slumber. I can lay in bed and relax for a few minutes before the birds get to loud for me. It is a great way to just wake up and not be startled. It is a soothing way to wake up although that sounds counter productive it really does work. If I am asleep and I get jarred awake I am not very nice but with the Philips Wake-up Light with its light slowly getting brighter and brighter I wake up happy and ready to start the day. I keep telling my friends about the Philips Wake-up Light an how great it is for me.

• ayekaruna By  ayekaruna     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.15.11

I've recommended and I am still going to, to everyone I know and meet about the Phillips Wake-Up light. I work very weird and early/late hours at a gym and wellness center so my sleep cycles are always crazy! The light arrived to me on the night before I had to wake up at 4am for a shift, and near the time when our clocks have changed for the bright mornings, I was finding it hard to wake up or sleep properly. The first night I used the light, I NATURALLY (Not cursing and yelling at my alarm, waking up stressed, and then cranky all day) woke up, smiled at the light and saw I'd woken up a few minutes before I was meant to. Perfect! I was even calm, and not frustrated that morning. I even had compliments from some members at the club saying I was extra pleasant, and I even drank LESS coffee! The Phillips Wake-Up Light is pretty amazing, even as a radio, and a natural source of light next to your bed, it alone is great, add waking you up calmly and on time, you've got an answer to all sleep problems!

• brownrl By  brownrl     SheSpeaks Tester
    12.15.11

I have medical issues that make sleep hard, By using the light it looks like it is helping. I look forward to more days using the sleep light and getting better sleep.