Philosophy Purity Made Simple One Step Facial Cleanser | SheSpeaks

• katfos katfos
    01.05.15

I just started using this product and this along with the Hope in a jar seem to make my face smoother and reduce the redness in my face. It also does not dry my skin out like other cleansers.

• lisaes98 lisaes98
    05.18.12

I've noticed that Philosophy brand products contain parabens so for that reason I do not use them. It's ironic that a product with the word "purity" in it's name would contain something like parabens so I was very disappointed. I recv'd a Birthday Cake smelling cleanser as a present and while I dug the smell, I couldn't bring myself to use it. I realize not everybody feels the same way I do about parabens in their products, but I have a fluid filled mass in my right breast which, coincidence or not, actually got smaller in the year that I stopped using products containing parabens- so for me, it's important to use products that are paraben-free. To that end I find that the "Yes to..." line of cleansers and moisturizers (Yes to Carrots, Yes to Tomatoes, etc) are paraben-free and perform wonderfully; as do many St. Ives products. I wish Philosophy and many other high-end brands would introduce some paraben-free products because I do like my beauty products (Sephora knows me well!). This is just my 2 cents.

• Pandyh By  Pandyh
    07.19.12

Love it!!! Smells excellent, great for your skin, and a little goes a long way

• Rissabp By  Rissabp
    07.16.12

It's nice and gentle. Great for the morning when your face is pretty clean, not so much for the evening when you have make-up on. So, I guess if you don't wear make-up, it's awesome.

• lilitalia822 By  lilitalia822
    07.10.12

Does a great job and leaves face smooth and fresh. Truly reccomend!

• meclark92 By  meclark92
    07.10.12

I got a sample of Purity and tried it and wasn't impressed. It didn't seem to clean my skin very much and didn't help with blemishes. And then I looked at the ingredients and was shocked! You would think with a name like Purity that they would have pure ingredients. It has parabens in it which are scary chemicals linked to breast cancer. I threw it out right away.

• sonyjean By  sonyjean
    06.23.12

I have been using this product on and off for about 9 years now. My sister introduced me to the brand. I really love the scent and the way it makes my skin feel. I have mega oily skin and this really works. Great product.

• divadurga By  divadurga
    06.17.12

Wow, got to do some research on paraben after reading that! The reason I really didn't care for this cleanser is because it's too waxy for me and doesn't clean my T-zone like other cleansers do. Leaves my T-zone greasy.

• ronniebee By  ronniebee
    06.15.12

All of this brands products are excellent. This is great for my sensitive skin. After using I dont need to use moisturizer. Which is wonderful in my book. I'm giving 10 stars!!

• DarkhHorseDesigns By  DarkhHorseDesigns
    06.14.12

Tried the sample of this given to me by Sephora. LOVE it so much went back to purchase. Other than a lack of fregrance (the pure part) this is a pretty wonderful facial clenser!! I have an odd mix of OILY/SENSITIVE skin...hard to find something that didnt strip my skin and make it tight and irritated. I will purchase this again.

• EmpressRi By  EmpressRi
    06.11.12

I was on the fence about this at first...until I found myself using it more and more everyday. Eventually I'll spring for the big bottle. It's gentle enough to remove my makeup without stripping my face.

• irishmaiden67 By  irishmaiden67
    06.09.12

I have used their body wash and although it smelled great, I ended up having a severe allergic reaction and had to spend the day in the ER. I woke up with my whole face swollen and could barely open my eyes. Ends up, I'm allergic to the sulfates. Seems like a lot of people are allergic to sulfates so why would they user them?