Lodge Logic Cast Iron Skillet Review Page 5 of 6 | SheSpeaks

• caffeinatedmom By  caffeinatedmom
    03.31.11

I received two of these skillets for Christmas in 2009. I could not imagine my kitchen without them now! I used to always reach for my stainless cookware, but now these are my go-to skillets for most meals. I find that less oil is needed to keep food from sticking to these pans, and the cast iron lends to great browning and wonderful flavors for whatever I am cooking. Although I'd never put these in the dishwasher, cleanup is a breeze. After cooking, I fill the skillet with about an inch of water, bring to a boil, and scrape up anything that was left in the skillet. A quick dry and spray with olive oil, and it's ready for the next meal.

• SaphirasFlame By  SaphirasFlame
    09.18.10

By far cooking in cast iron is far superb to alot of the different pans I have tried.

• mindymule By  mindymule
    09.18.10

I make fresh homemade flour tortillas almost everyday and I must have my lodge flat pan to make them

• ecological By  ecological
    09.18.10

Extremely durable, makes cooking less frustrating and also cleaning up a less messy experience!

• talmond33 By  talmond33
    09.17.10

Just like my grandma uses to have. I love it. Cooks food evenly and to perfection!

• baileycc2 By  baileycc2
    09.15.10

I finally received a cast iron skillet from my husband, but it wasn't a Lodge. I am hoping to get one this year for Christmas. I have let him know that Lodge is the best, and I very much want one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

• CMCHILDERS By  CMCHILDERS
    09.15.10

I could not even imagine not having an iron skillet in my kitchen, love it!

• catfederline By  catfederline
    09.15.10

I love my cast iron skillets. I have 3 that I use in rotation daily. Just make sure that you re-season the skillets. It makes all the difference in the world when it comes to items NOT sticking to the pan.

• lmphinney By  lmphinney
    09.15.10

Lodge cast iron is what I primarily use to cook with & have for 20 + years. It is the best & worth the extra money. It will last not only my lifetime, but my children & their children as well. Easy to use, cooks evenly & easy to clean.

• bvalentino1 By  bvalentino1
    09.14.10

I have had their skillets for many years. I brown, simmer, saute in them. Use my deeper ones for roasts instead of turning the oven on. Can't say enough...

• vbishop84 By  vbishop84
    09.14.10

it is a great cooking pan

• bulldog By  bulldog
    09.14.10

could not even imagine not having cast iron cookware

• whozzurmomma By  whozzurmomma
    09.14.10

The best for cooking cornbread!!!

• jlindseyc By  jlindseyc
    08.17.10

perfect cornbread everytime!

• silverfox2010 By  silverfox2010
    08.08.10

Lodge makes reliable, solid products that will last a lifetime. Don't ever throw one if you forget to take care of it and it gets rusty --- simply re-season and it's ready to go. If you don't know how to re-season cast iron, check out YouTube for video clips to teach you how to do it. Easy-breezy. These pans are much better and safer than Teflon products but work just as well if properly seasoned.