St Martin s Press Behind Closed Doors by BA Paris | SheSpeaks

• BrokenTeepee BrokenTeepee
    08.03.16

Behind Closed Doors

My full review is too long to fit in the confines of the characters allowed here. It can be read at http://brokenteepee.com/behind-closed-doors-by-b-a-paris-book-review/ Here is a snippet: And it is a whopper of a tale. One that will keep you looking over your shoulder and wondering about the nature of relationships. I am sure it would be, in some ways, even worse on a second read. It might be worth one as I went through it so quickly because I just wanted to know what was going to happen! 4.5 I received a free copy for my honest review

• BRANDIK By  BRANDIK

Twisted Good

This book was wonderful. I felt that is was twisted in a good way. I didn't want to set it down it was that good. I really don't want to give away any details of the book cause it might spoil it but it's a must read.

• indiana_girl By  indiana_girl
    08.09.16

There is a "Happily Ever After" in the end!

This is the debut book of B.A. Paris. The main characters are Grace Harrington and Jack Angel who marry after a brief time of seeing each other. Grace is a buyer for Harrods who travels and has a younger sister named Millie with down syndrome. Grace has been her champion since before Millie was born and is now her guardian. Jack is a successful lawyer who has never lost a case and his clients are battered and abused women. To others Jack and Grace seem to have the perfect marriage and are the envy of all their friends! What?s not to envy? Jack is handsome and well off. He found the perfect house in a perfect neighborhood for Grace, Millie and him to call home. The story is told from Grace?s point of view and starts in the present! Each successive chapter alternates between past and present with the final chapter ending the story in the present. I experienced so many extreme emotions as I read this psychological thriller to it?s stunning conclusion. I?ve must read it again! READ the book... Find out why it matters so much to Grace the color of Millie?s bedroom!?Find out why Millie hates George Clooney! Try to answer this question, ?Would staying single been better for Grace or Jack??. Can?t wait to read B.A. Paris?s next book! I received this Early Reader?s Edition from SheSpeaks in exchanged for my honest review. #Sponsored.

• michelemj By  michelemj
    08.09.16

Disturbing at times, Hard to Put Down, Read it!

I received a copy of Behind Closed Doors to read from SheSpeaks. I honestly had a hard time putting it down. I was completely involved in the story. I would think about the characters during the day or at night when I was getting ready to go to sleep! Since having little ones at home, I don't read as much as I used to. However, when I have a good book, I take the time to read it and usually finish it quickly. This was one of those books! I recommend it and will be passing on this copy to a friend.

• gloriamarie23 By  gloriamarie23

A must-read thriller

I received Behind Closed Doors by B.A Paris from She Speaks for free. Let me start by saying this book had my heart racing throughout the story. It is so intense that I couldn't put the book down. I read it very quickly because with each turn of a page I needed to know what was going to happen next. The abuse in this book was very dark and haunting. The ending was perfect and made me love the characters more. It's a must read for any readers that enjoy suspense.

• mduteau By  mduteau

Great read!

I absolutely loved this book! I read it in one sitting. The way the author goes back and forth between the past and the present and how they catch up to each other at the end was great. The characters were spell binding. Millie was my favorite. I hope she has more books like this coming soon. I'm hooked!

• FurBabies By  FurBabies

Sweet Revenge!

I always say you never know what goes on "behind closed doors" and this book gets to the heart of that! I won't go into details because I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I'll just say a few things....Wow, engaging, thrilling, shocking, sweet revenge! I loved every turn of the page and couldn't stop once I started! And what an ending! I kept thinking "what would I do if I were in Grace's position?" I don't think anyone knows until you're in it and I hope I never am! But if I were, I would hope and pray for a friend like Esther....what perception and hero! She saw the signs and never gave up. And Jack....pure evil....tormented soul. I received this book for free through SheSpeaks and am so grateful to have been given the opportunity to read it and give this review. The author really delved into the world of domestic violence....no, this is not non-fiction but a look into a dark world that is a true living hell for those unfortunate enough to live it.

• thehut By  thehut
    08.09.16

Maybe it's just me but I had A REALLY hard time trying to get into this book. I tried a few times but it is just not a book that I would enjoy. I have never read gone girl, personally not a book that appeals to me actually. But this was really hard for me to jump into. I tried a few times and I just couldn't get past the first few chapters. I have read others reviews that this book was good for them but me? Nope sorry just not my thing. Thanks for letting me get this FREE copy from shespeaks to try it out though. Thanks!

• MNicoTarm By  MNicoTarm

A "Can't Put It Down" Book

This is the first book I've read in a long time. Once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down. I read the entire book in 2 days. I loved the way it switched from present to past throughout the book. I was rooting for Grace the entire way. And Millie is my hero! My favorite quote is "fear is the best deterrent of all".

• genofsavings By  genofsavings     SheSpeaks Tester
    08.09.16

Unassuming but packs a punch!

Perfection is only on the outside. My mom told me that many years ago when I was doing the normal child thing of being jealous of other people's lives. She told me that I have no idea what is going on behind closed doors. to be. I cant say I would have picked this book up at the library if I saw it on the shelf. The cover is unassuming but intriguing. I have long been a fan of stories that jump from present to past. I love the comparisons between the charters's emotions from the beginning to the end. And Grace most certainly changes. She falls in love with Jack immediately because he charmed her by being so nice to her sister Millie who has Down Syndrome. She was used to people in her life dismissing Millie like her parents so it was a nice change and he was very handsome. She believed he was way out of her league. Even in the first twenty pages I could feel the tension in Grace as she says all the right words at all the right times. It reminded me of the #maybehedoesnthityou hashtag. I could see he was controlling her which is nice irony since he was famous for taking domestic abuse cases and always winning. Then it just gets worse for Grace and dark. It was creepy but page turning. I do not like to give spoilers in my reviews but I will say that I read hungrily until the very last word. I was on the edge of my seat until the last page. I love that. I like being surprised. I like not knowing but sort of hoping. I found myself wishing for a quick resolution but at the same time I wanted the suspense to continue. It was a very good read that I highly recommend.

• stef42678 By  stef42678

A Must Read Book

This book is amazing! I honestly love the suspense and drama of the book so much that I couldn't put it down. Every page leaves you wanting to find out what happens next! This is a great read for when you want to relax and enjoy a great story. This should definitely be on top of everyone's summer reading list and is a book you won't be able to put down because it's so good! I received a free copy of the book from SheSpeaks and loved it!